Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: My Glockworx G20SF USPSA Limited Build

Quote Originally Posted by JHC View Post
    lol maybe you did because he was probably gaga over that pistol.

Mr MEAT that has to be the most wicked Glock setup I've ever seen. Phenomenal. If you were to have any videos of running that gun fast that would be insane fun to see.

I've been reading fast to catch up - Are you primarily shooting .40 through it? I know .40 will run through a 10mm barrel - pretty well from the little bit of it I did with a G20 I used to have.
    Thanks! Yeah, I'll primarily be shooting .40 reloads out of it, using the KKM 10-40 barrel. I haven't tried it yet, but I know several guys that have fired thousands of factory 40 ammo through their 10mm barrels without any problems. I probably could have gotten away without the KKM, but I'd rather err on the side of caution. The 40 Major is a high pressure round, and can get spikey with certain powders, so it's one less thing I have to worry about.

Took a decent shot of my sight picture this morning:

In free-range, non-GMO, organic, fair trade Broad Ripple, IN
    Quote Originally Posted by MEAT View Post
    I haven't tried it yet, but I know several guys that have fired thousands of factory 40 ammo through their 10mm barrels without any problems. I probably could have gotten away without the KKM, but I'd rather err on the side of caution.
    Oh, those crazy people that err on the side of caution!

I fired several magazines of 9x19 through a stock Glock 23 back in the day because Glocks are so zomg awesome that you can shoot nines through a forty!!!1!. That doesn't necessarily mean I was being smart when I did it.

Hey, it's your gun and your fingers, dude. Shoot it however you want. If you fall off that rock and break your leg, don't come running to me.
    Books. Bikes. Boomsticks.

I can explain it to you. I can’t understand it for you.

Quote Originally Posted by Tamara View Post
    Oh, those crazy people that err on the side of caution!

I fired several magazines of 9x19 through a stock Glock 23 back in the day because Glocks are so zomg awesome that you can shoot nines through a forty!!!1!. That doesn't necessarily mean I was being smart when I did it.

Hey, it's your gun and your fingers, dude. Shoot it however you want. If you fall off that rock and break your leg, don't come running to me.
    If my humor/sarcasm detector is malfunctioning, I apologize, but...

Like I said I will be shooting .40 reloads through a KKM 10-40 barrel (10mm-40S&W Conversion Barrel). I have zero plans to shoot 40 through the stock G20 barrel, and have no reason to since I have the conversion barrel.

out of curiosity, you also mentioned loading to a longer OAL of 1.2" instead of 1.135" that I believe is standard. Would this also alleviate headspacing issues? I know I'd hate to damage such a nice piece of hardware, especially since I'm sure it wasn't cheap.

In free-range, non-GMO, organic, fair trade Broad Ripple, IN
    Quote Originally Posted by MEAT View Post
    If my humor/sarcasm detector is malfunctioning, I apologize, but...
    Naw, maybe yours is fine and mine's busted.
    Books. Bikes. Boomsticks.

I can explain it to you. I can’t understand it for you.

Quote Originally Posted by DanH View Post
    out of curiosity, you also mentioned loading to a longer OAL of 1.2" instead of 1.135" that I believe is standard. Would this also alleviate headspacing issues? I know I'd hate to damage such a nice piece of hardware, especially since I'm sure it wasn't cheap.
    It might help headspacing issues, if I was using a 10mm barrel. The KKM 10-40 barrel has the same dimensions as the regular 10mm barrel, except it's designed & chambered to shoot 40S&W.

I load long for a few reasons.
    1. G20 mags are designed around 1.25"-1.26" OAL's, so 1.20" should decrease the possibility of mag feeding issues.
    2. It reduces case pressure.
    3. I can use powders like WST to make Major safely, while @ 1.135 not so much.
    4. The 2011 guys usually load between 1.185"-120", so there's a ton of available data.

Wink

Quote Originally Posted by Tamara View Post
    Naw, maybe yours is fine and mine's busted.
    Ok. You should probably get it looked at, hopefully it's nothing serious...

User Tag List