Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: think about it

Angry think about it

Many young men spend thousands of hours playing violent
    video games. The purpose of these games is to kill as many of the targets as possible. as fast as they can.
    Then they watch violent movies and violent TV.
    Many also listen to violent music telling them to kill the cops and.do other unspeakable things .
    Paintball games let them sharpen their skills of make-believe murder.

Do you think---------No, it could not be and besides it makes millions of dollars for certain people and that is what counts in the usa!

Welcome to the forum.
    Quote Originally Posted by SouthNarc View Post
    I'm comfortable sitting on the couch in my boxers fiddling with my balls, but I don't fight like that.

Do you have a point, donoo, or are you just here to rail against Capitalism and video games?

That's so weird. I watch violent movies, I play violent video games, I attend training classes that are designed to sharpen my skills with a firearm... yet, I've never went all apesh$t on a crowd of people.

How's that possible? I mean, with all that input, I should be a crazy madman with no regard for human life.

/sarcasm

We are diminished
    When I was growing up, heavy metal music and Dungeons & Dragons were supposedly brainwashing kids to become insane violent mass murders. Now it's video games and rap.

Where is the outrage toward hippies and their music? Because that crap has inspired far more numerous evil acts, like voting Democrat.

Tell me more about paintball being training. I played against the "pros" and never once heard them describing techniques that would better prepare people for anything other the the vacuum that is the sport.

Besides, obvious troll is obvious.

And metal music is largely about fantasy unrelated to anything people perceive it to be. Hell, Iron Maiden has many songs that are based on mythology that's taught in public schools. I got to play Rime of the Ancient Mariner when we read the book.
    Think for yourself. Question authority.

Murder Machine, Harmless Fuzzball TCinVA's Avatar
    People with a grudge against the world never seem to lack inspiration for acting it out regardless of what is available.

I doubt any of the perpetrators of the Mumbai attack, for instance, got the idea from too much time spent playing Duke Nukem.

Quote Originally Posted by TCinVA View Post
    People with a grudge against the world never seem to lack inspiration for acting it out regardless of what is available.

I doubt any of the perpetrators of the Mumbai attack, for instance, got the idea from too much time spent playing Duke Nukem.
    Maybe they listened to conservative talk radio?

Butters, the d*** shooter Byron's Avatar
    Think about it...

This one time I was sitting alone in my room, observing the appropriate practices of [insert your preferred religion here]. All of a sudden, [insert music you don't like here] came on the [modern broadcast equipment], and all I could think of was murder, and rape, and robbery. Being a person of such weak moral character, I knew I needed to escape the negative influence. I quickly turned to my trusted source of moral guidance: [insert other modern technology here]. Soon, I was inundated with more imagery of [insert vague evil entity here]. I could no longer control myself; I started dancing in provocative ways, and considering tactics to destroy the moral purity of society around me.

This is totally unlike [insert any random point in history], when everyone sang happy songs and cultural media only ever presented positive images. As any historian will tell you, humans have become more and more violent as time has gone on. If only human kind would revert to [an even earlier point in history], all would be well again.

That about cover it? Or am I missing some of the mad-lib outrage?

Quote Originally Posted by ToddG View Post
    When I was growing up, heavy metal music and Dungeons & Dragons were supposedly brainwashing kids to become insane violent mass murders. Now it's video games and rap.

Where is the outrage toward hippies and their music? Because that crap has inspired far more numerous evil acts, like voting Democrat.
    /thread.

PS:

Years of Metallica, D&D, Call of Duty, and multiple 'assault weapons' later, and I've yet to commit a violent felony. I suppose I must just be the outlier.

User Tag List