Page 11 of 14 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: Lock Your Doors

Quote Originally Posted by Lex Luthier View Post
    I gotta ask: with brazen yawps like that, what things have they actually done and not yet been gotten nabbed for (or have been released before arraignment)?

There are some things that cannot and yet must somehow be said...
    I hesitate to post this, but I think you have a better sense of humor than Joe in PNG:

Name:  Sign In To Lightfighter Tactical Forum.jpg
Views: 246
Size:  37.4 KB

Seriously, one of the things that we constantly hammered into our student officers regarding use-of-force - you can't act on supposition only facts.
    Adding nothing to the conversation since 2015....

Quote Originally Posted by BillSWPA View Post
    If I recall correctly, didn’t someone mention elsewhere on this forum that @Tom Givens had stated that the only students he ever saw charged after an incident were those who left a position of safety to go confront someone?

Non-deadly force can certainly be used to protect property. If the thieves produced a gun, shooting at that point would be justified.

I would stay inside and call the police while being ready to deliver the appropriate response if more than yelling should occur.
    Tough scenario, and good to explore. I agree with the thug that it's not worth getting in a gunfight over a car, unless I need the car for life safety purposes (like not getting stranded in the backcountry, etc). But... I'm not going to let multiple armed individuals who have murderous intent barricade me and my family in my very non-bulletproof house. How am I to know whether he will start spraying my house with bullets? I'd be tempted to let them know 911 had been called, officers are on the way, and they need to show their hands and back away slowly. Any show of arms after their threats seems like a green light?
    “There is no growth in the comfort zone.”--Jocko Willink
    "You can never have too many knives." --Joe Ambercrombie

Quote Originally Posted by DDTSGM View Post
    I hesitate to post this, but I think you have a better sense of humor than Joe in PNG:

Name:  Sign In To Lightfighter Tactical Forum.jpg
Views: 246
Size:  37.4 KB

Seriously, one of the things that we constantly hammered into our student officers regarding use-of-force - you can't act on supposition only facts.
    I have been all of those things within the space of a-minute-and-a-half. Is that bad?
    "If I ever needed to hunt in a tuxedo, then this would be the rifle I'd take." - okie john

"Not being able to govern events, I govern myself." - Michel De Montaigne

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Clusterfrack View Post
    Tough scenario, and good to explore. I agree with the thug that it's not worth getting in a gunfight over a car, unless I need the car for life safety purposes (like not getting stranded in the backcountry, etc). But... I'm not going to let multiple armed individuals who have murderous intent barricade me and my family in my very non-bulletproof house. How am I to know whether he will start spraying my house with bullets? I'd be tempted to let them know 911 had been called, officers are on the way, and they need to show their hands and back away slowly. Any show of arms after their threats seems like a green light?
    Depends on the area actually. When I reposed vehicles I could tell you the area. Same as I can tell you the lkey problem you will have to deal with thugs trying to possess a corvette like that if the keys were not in it.people target those things.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Totem Polar View Post
    Careful…that’s the first step on the road to conversion, brother. Lex Or should I say “Fryer Lex…”

More seriously, I am not one to find anything acceptable in killing people to prevent a car theft. That stated up front, standing in the yard and yelling threats about killing the owner moves the clock just a little closer to midnight. Still room to go, but man, what a bunch of punks.

Seems from the video there was a second story to the house. Probably not the best choice but I would put a bunch of slugs into the engine block of my own car from an elevated position. Fuck you. You’re not taking my car.

My vehicle has 208k and probably not a target for theft. I’d be reluctant to own a car that is attractive or attention getting. Been looking at stick shift single cab F350’s in white.

Quote Originally Posted by Cookie Monster View Post
    Seems from the video there was a second story to the house. Probably not the best choice but I would put a bunch of slugs into the engine block of my own car from an elevated position. Fuck you. You’re not taking my car.
    I knew we were friends for a reason.

”But in the end all of these ideas just manufacture new criminals when the problem isn't a lack of criminals.” -JRB

IMO:

1) If the number of vehicles you own is the same or less than the number of parking spaces in your garage, yet you still park outside, you need to get rid of whatever's taking up all that space in your garage so you can park inside.
    2) If the number of vehicles you own is greater than the number of parking spaces in your garage, you should probably park your Corvette in the garage and park something less expensive outside.
    3) If your Corvette is your least expensive car, you should probably get a bigger garage.

Bears don't give a fuck about locked doors.

EDC Light Builder | No Nonsense Everyday Carry Flashlights | EDC Light Builder P-F Sub-forum

Quote Originally Posted by NH Shooter View Post
    Bears don't give a fuck about locked doors.

Yours?
    Ken

BBI: ...”you better not forget the safe word because shit's about to get weird”...
    revchuck38: ...”mo' ammo is mo' betta' unless you're swimming or on fire.”

Quote Originally Posted by HeavyDuty View Post
    Yours?
    Yes, from a few days ago.

This has become a yearly spring ritual when a certain bear emerges from hibernation and remembers the sunflower seed my wife used to keep on the porch. No seed there this year, but I guess he decided to take a gander anyway. :-0
    EDC Light Builder | No Nonsense Everyday Carry Flashlights | EDC Light Builder P-F Sub-forum

User Tag List