Page 10 of 14 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast

Thread: Lock Your Doors

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Clusterfrack View Post
    Group of thugs threaten to shoot homeowner if he comes out of his house...

Aren’t they the ones risking their lives trying to take one? I know some people who would take the verbal threat the loud punk made and run with it…

This is why we can’t have nice things.

Also, if this sort of group thug behavior becomes commonplace, the book “Fry the brain” will cross genres over into mainstream religious literature.
    ”But in the end all of these ideas just manufacture new criminals when the problem isn't a lack of criminals.” -JRB

Quote Originally Posted by Totem Polar View Post
    This is why we can’t have nice things.

Also, if this sort of group thug behavior becomes commonplace, the book “Fry the brain” will cross genres over into mainstream religious literature.
    Which book a bing search shows as being available for free/cheap download on several legit sites.

If it does become commonplace outside of Oakland and San Jose, the thieves better have serious warlord protection, or there will be heads on pikes.
    "If I ever needed to hunt in a tuxedo, then this would be the rifle I'd take." - okie john

"Not being able to govern events, I govern myself." - Michel De Montaigne

Quote Originally Posted by Duelist View Post
    Aren’t they the ones risking their lives trying to take one? I know some people who would take the verbal threat the loud punk made and run with it…
    That’s exactly what I thought. You fucks ares risking your life to take that car.
    Just a dog chauffeur that used to hold the dumb end of the leash.

As much as I'd like to grab my AR and take them all out, you can't kill someone for stealing your car. Now a days I don't 'think' that their threat would be enough to say that one feared for one's life, when all one has to do is stay in the house. If one ran out to investigate a noise, and then the a--hole pulled a gun, killing him/them might be justified.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by CraigS View Post
    As much as I'd like to grab my AR and take them all out, you can't kill someone for stealing your car. Now a days I don't 'think' that their threat would be enough to say that one feared for one's life, when all one has to do is stay in the house. If one ran out to investigate a noise, and then the a--hole pulled a gun, killing him/them might be justified.
    In Texas you can, as long as it's nighttime. /true
    "No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms." - Thomas Jefferson, Virginia Constitution, Draft 1, 1776

they hung horse thieves didn't they...........

Quote Originally Posted by Lex Luthier View Post
    Which book a bing search shows as being available for free/cheap download on several legit sites...
    Careful…that’s the first step on the road to conversion, brother. Lex Or should I say “Fryer Lex…”

More seriously, I am not one to find anything acceptable in killing people to prevent a car theft. That stated up front, standing in the yard and yelling threats about killing the owner moves the clock just a little closer to midnight. Still room to go, but man, what a bunch of punks.
    ”But in the end all of these ideas just manufacture new criminals when the problem isn't a lack of criminals.” -JRB

Site Supporter
    If I recall correctly, didn’t someone mention elsewhere on this forum that @Tom Givens had stated that the only students he ever saw charged after an incident were those who left a position of safety to go confront someone?

Non-deadly force can certainly be used to protect property. If the thieves produced a gun, shooting at that point would be justified.

I would stay inside and call the police while being ready to deliver the appropriate response if more than yelling should occur.
    Any legal information I may post is general information, and is not legal advice. Such information may or may not apply to your specific situation. I am not your attorney unless an attorney-client relationship is separately and privately established.

Quote Originally Posted by Totem Polar View Post
    Careful…that’s the first step on the road to conversion, brother. Lex Or should I say “Fryer Lex…”

More seriously, I am not one to find anything acceptable in killing people to prevent a car theft. That stated up front, standing in the yard and yelling threats about killing the owner moves the clock just a little closer to midnight. Still room to go, but man, what a bunch of punks.
    I gotta ask: with brazen yawps like that, what things have they actually done and not yet been gotten nabbed for (or have been released before arraignment)?

There are some things that cannot and yet must somehow be said...
    "If I ever needed to hunt in a tuxedo, then this would be the rifle I'd take." - okie john

"Not being able to govern events, I govern myself." - Michel De Montaigne

User Tag List