Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Highnoon Public secret

Highnoon Public secret

Anybody used this holster? I saw it in the AIWB thread,is it any good. I see there's different ride depths available too.

Site Supporter
    I've been using their Mr Softy for a few years now. It's an easy on/off holster with the best metal clip I've used so far. Excellent for deep conceal wearing shorts and a t-shirt. I believe it's the same clip on the clip version of the PS.

You didn't mention what gun you're using, but, be careful about using the high ride version with a short barrel gun. I tried the "Upper Cut" for my P2KSK and there was not enough holster/gun below the belt line to keep the rig from rotating away from my body. The low ride version (Mr Softy and upper cut are the same holster except for the ride height) works fine, however, on the low ride version the front strap of the gun rides below the belt, making the draw much more complicated (slower) than say, a Shaggy. Shaggy (Kydex made by CCC) has a higher ride height but does not have any tendency for the gun to rotate forward.

Side note about customer service.
    Both orders I placed with them were shipped quickly. I returned the Upper Cut 24 hours after I received it. I did have to contact them twice to remind them to credit my card back. It took about 4 weeks for them to do so, but, they did give me full credit for the return. I would do business with them again.

Quote Originally Posted by flux View Post
    Anybody used this holster? I saw it in the AIWB thread,is it any good. I see there's different ride depths available too.
    Do not get one. The sweat guard is cut wrong and is far too wide and it interferes with you getting a proper grip on the gun. I have one for my G19 and it was my first AIWB holster. It's a decent holster except for that major issue. I took a knife to mine to make large cuts in the sweat guard to make it passable. With the much larger number of AIWB capable holsters out now, you shouldn't have to settle for less. I would skip that one if I were you.

Thanks for the reply,I'm using a Glock 19. I'm still not sure if I must sacrifice draw speed for extra concealability(choosing high ride or the one that sits lower). I'm really skinny. I can conceal just fine with a crossbreed supertuck and G19,but my new work means lot of bending,and working in small spaces where I keep getting "bumped" by other people.
    Last edited by flux; 11-03-2012 at 11:45 AM.

I tried to carry my G26 AIWB in a Public Secret about a year ago, and for me, it was one of the worst holsters I have ever tried. It was very uncomfortable, and didn't conceal very well. I just got a JM Custom Kydex AIWB holster a couple months ago, and it's unbelievable. My GEN 4 G17 in the JM is 10 times more comfortable than my G26 was in the Public Secret. The best part is that my GEN 4 G19 carries even better in it. I always hated all kydex holsters until now. After reading all the reviews on here, I decided to give it a try. I'm glad I did, because it's the most comfortable, concealable IWB holster I've ever used. Sorry for the commercial, I'm just REALLY happy with my JM holsters.

It is a poor design, sits way too high and IMO, a poor holster.

Banned
    I purchased a couple of HighNoon holsters a few of years ago and was happy with them until I purchased one with the sweat guard. Like was said before they are so big they might stop you from getting a correct firing grip on the handgun.

Thanks guys. One of my friends at the range has the following AIWB holsters,comptac neutral cant, dalefrick archangel,Raven concealement and some local custom kydex one. I'm gona try all and see if any work,and if AIWB is really for me. Thanks guys!

The comptac neutral was my first aiwb holster. It's way too bulky and does nothing to pull the grip in.
    Last edited by jon volk; 11-04-2012 at 08:52 AM.

Check out JM Custom Kydex. Their design and quality are hard to beat, the pricing is attractive, and the delivery time is within 4-5 weeks. Many on here use and like them.

User Tag List