Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Thread: Glock 26 MOS

Quote Originally Posted by GmanVP9 View Post
    If Im looking for a Glock, mostly to carry in winter, thrown an optic and light on, is there any reason to go G19 over G26? Note I live in a state with the 10 rd mag deal, so capacity isn't an issue. Im looking for reliability as my main driving force
    One difference that jumps out at me is no light rail on the 26 (did they ever resolve that?) so adding a light is a little more complicated.
    Ken

BBI: ...”you better not forget the safe word because shit's about to get weird”...
    revchuck38: ...”mo' ammo is mo' betta' unless you're swimming or on fire.”

Quote Originally Posted by HeavyDuty View Post
    no light rail on the 26 (did they ever resolve that?)
    You pretty much get the TLR-6, which is handy-ish on a 42/43 but seems a waste on a 26 when you can get a “varsity roster” light on a 19 or one of the sub lights on a 43X/48.
    "Do nothing which is of no use." -Musashi

What would TR do? TRCP BHA

Quote Originally Posted by PNWTO View Post
    You pretty much get the TLR-6, which is handy-ish on a 42/43 but seems a waste on a 26 when you can get a “varsity roster” light on a 19 or one of the sub lights on a 43X/48.
    You think based on the light options, it puts the 19 above the 26? I'm looking for reliability first. I heard the 26 has been more reliable through generations.

The tlr-6HL is also out now, which is quite a bit better (at least, on paper) than the original. 300 lumens, 4250 candela as compared to 500/5k candela from the tlr7 sub.

It puts the light at least in a somewhat competitive position if you’re looking for a light on a gun like a g26.

Quote Originally Posted by GmanVP9 View Post
    You think based on the light options, it puts the 19 above the 26? I'm looking for reliability first. I heard the 26 has been more reliable through generations.
    Ceteris paribus, I think any reliability difference between the two is probably decided by the planetary alignment during production. It boils down to “necessary” features vs “nice to have “ features. But others choose more of a deep dive.

Not to muddy the waters, but a 19 chopped for 26 mags is still a pretty nice option in 2024.
    "Do nothing which is of no use." -Musashi

What would TR do? TRCP BHA

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by PNWTO View Post
    Ceteris paribus, I think any reliability difference between the two is probably decided by the planetary alignment during production. It boils down to “necessary” features vs “nice to have “ features. But others choose more of a deep dive.

Not to muddy the waters, but a 19 chopped for 26 mags is still a pretty nice option in 2024.
    I was considering a chopped 19, but the hump placement is a smidgen higher on the 26. It works a little better for me.
    --Jason--

User Tag List