Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: P30 Sight Options in 2012

Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    I can't think of a more subjective topic than preferences in pistol sights, but when possible, I run either a Heinie front with a Warren Tactical rear, or the Trijicon HD sights.
    Oh, I know it's quite subjective - I just always try to get the word on the street before I start throwing money into the aether.

I do have a question though. What are the proposed advantages of a u-shaped notch over a square notch? Faster sight acquisition? Easier time centering a dot in the u-shape?

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Nik the Greek View Post
    I do have a question though. What are the proposed advantages of a u-shaped notch over a square notch? Faster sight acquisition? Easier time centering a dot in the u-shape?
    In theory, a U-shaped rear notch (or the flat bottom, round cornered Warren) eliminate two right angles that could draw your attention to irrelevant portions of the rear sight. In practice, I don't notice a big difference, as long as the sights provide adequate light bars.

10-8 Performance HK45 and P30 rear sight is available again. Just ordered it and looking forward in putting it on the P30! Thanks for all the info guys

Quote Originally Posted by DaZe831 View Post
    10-8 Performance HK45 and P30 rear sight is available again. Just ordered it and looking forward in putting it on the P30! Thanks for all the info guys
    Thanks for the heads up.

So what front sight are you guys running with the 10-8 rear?

I just bought a HK P30...I'm used to running straight 8s on all of my Glocks so I'm questioning just running tritium front sight. I really wish someone would come out with a straight 8 for the P30.

Quote Originally Posted by TElmer2 View Post
    So what front sight are you guys running with the 10-8 rear?

I just bought a HK P30...I'm used to running straight 8s on all of my Glocks so I'm questioning just running tritium front sight. I really wish someone would come out with a straight 8 for the P30.

Heinie...they just don't make them in the Ledge. I have the straight 8's on mine.

P30 Sight Options in 2012... or 2013: Update Inside :|

Quote Originally Posted by John Ralston View Post
    Heinie...they just don't make them in the Ledge. I have the straight 8's on mine.
    Still haven't gotten around to sending my 10-8 rear to Tooltech for tritium vials, so I put in an inquiry to Heinie the other day asking about the following night sight possibility:

1. QWIK sights
    2. Ledge rear sight
    3. 3-D setup (instead of Straight 8)

Received this response yesterday:

We do not offer the Ledge version of the HK P30L Sights, we will however
    have them by 2013. The sights will be equipped with the QWIK notch
    .* We do
    not offer a 3D Set and will not be offering one.
    *Emphasis added.

I can live without the 3-D setup although the ones I saw on their site looked like they'd be perfect for my needs.

At least they'll have a QWIK Ledge rear out in the near future, if the above response has an accurate ETA, so I think maayybe I can wait a bit to install tritium in the 10-8 rear... or not. *_*
    Last edited by Corlissimo; 10-01-2012 at 10:59 AM. Reason: Clarification
    If you can't taste the sarcasm, try licking the screen.

Gettin’ old and blind ain’t for sissies. ~ 41Magfan

I just installed a 10-8 rear and a Dawson .125 wide trititum front on my P30. Although I haven't been to the range yet, I'm pretty happy with the set up. The 10-8 rear was sized perfectly for the rear dovetail and easy to install but I had to take a good amount of metal off the Dawson front to get it to fit.

As a side note, if anyone wants the set of tritium HK factory TruGlo sights I took off this P30, PM me and I'll give em to you. They are in good shape and came off easily.

Is the 10-8 rear the same height as the factory rear? What height front?

Looks like my P30 slide will be enroute to Dawson soon!
    Just a Hairy Special Snowflake supply clerk with no field experience, shooting an Asymetric carbine as a Try Hard. Snarky and easily butt hurt. Favorite animal is the Cape Buffalo....likely indicative of a personality disorder.
    "If I had a grandpa, he would look like Delbert Belton".

User Tag List