Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: P30 Sight Options in 2012

Quote Originally Posted by JohnN View Post
    Tooltech will install one rear tritium vial below the notch for $90.
    That's very useful information. Anyone have good data on what front sight height to use witb a dawson rear on a P30? Or brand recommendations for the front sight? Also will tooltech do a tritium bar? I love the CAP sight picture and it would be nice to duplicate it.
    The site is a bit difficult to navigate.

Quote Originally Posted by Nik the Greek View Post
    That's very useful information. Anyone have good data on what front sight height to use witb a dawson rear on a P30? Or brand recommendations for the front sight? Also will tooltech do a tritium bar? I love the CAP sight picture and it would be nice to duplicate it.
    The site is a bit difficult to navigate.
    .210 per dawson's web site.
    "I want to see someone running down the street with a sims-gun shrieking 'I am the first revelation' " - SouthNarc

Quote Originally Posted by Nik the Greek View Post
    That's very useful information. Anyone have good data on what front sight height to use witb a dawson rear on a P30?
    According to the Dawson Precision website .170 front sight. I am using a .170"/.115" fiber optic front which gives you the same POA-POI as the factory setup.
    There tritium front sight is .170"/.125".
    Last edited by JohnN; 07-19-2012 at 07:19 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by JohnN View Post
    According to the Dawson Precision website .170 front sight. I am using a .170"/.115" fiber optic front which gives you the same POA-POI as the factory setup.
    There tritium front sight is .170"/.125".

John you're talking about the front sight height to use with the 10-8 rear or factory rear.

All of Dawsons P30 / P30L Rears say to use a .210 front. I've looked at the page with the fronts and the page with the rears.

Best bet is to call them on the phone to verify before ordering.
    Last edited by SamuelBLong; 07-19-2012 at 02:03 PM.
    "I want to see someone running down the street with a sims-gun shrieking 'I am the first revelation' " - SouthNarc

I'd prefer the 10-8 rears with a tritium front, but it looks like they're out of stock. Can anyone comment on the sight picture and durability of the dawson TFOs? How do they compare with Heinies? Is it worth it to suffer with the stock sights til i can get the 10-8 rear?

I just saw on another forum where the Trijicon HD sights will be available very soon for the P30/HK45.

Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    I just saw on another forum where the Trijicon HD sights will be available very soon for the P30/HK45.
    The Easter bunny is busy laying them for Santa to deliver.
    I'll believe it when I see it.

Sent from my MB886 using Tapatalk 2
    "For a moment he felt good about this. A moment or two later he felt bad about feeling good about it. Then he felt good about feeling bad about feeling good about it and, satisfied, drove on into the night."
    -- Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy --

Apparently Trijicon has part numbers and is taking dealer pre-orders, for whatever that is worth.

Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    Apparently Trijicon has part numbers and is taking dealer pre-orders, for whatever that is worth.
    I'll keep an eye on this regardless.

For those who have shot the Trijicon HDs vs. the better Ameriglo options or Heinie, what was your impression?

I can't think of a more subjective topic than preferences in pistol sights, but when possible, I run either a Heinie front with a Warren Tactical rear, or the Trijicon HD sights.

User Tag List