Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: P30 Sight Options in 2012

P30 Sight Options in 2012

I start the 10 day wait on my P30 on Friday, and I know I'll need to replace my factory sights.

If google can be believed, it's been about a year or so since there was discussion of all the sight options available for the P30. I noticed that there were some 2011 threads suggesting that ameriglo might be coming out with newer sight options for the P30 (Hacks, CAP, etc.) some time this year. Did anything ever come of that? I'm used to and like Heinies well enough, but it would be nice to have a ledge rear sight for one-handed manipulations.

I'd like to find out what the best current practical (duty style, not competition) sight options for the P30 are right now, from those with a better inside track on what's available now and in the near future. Should I hold out hope for more choices? Mix and match? Just shell out for another set of Heinies? How are Dawsons by comparison?

Recommendations?
    Last edited by Nik the Greek; 07-18-2012 at 04:08 AM.

If you wait for them to get back in stock, you could get a 10-8 rear that will go with a factory night sight front. I don't know if you care about U notch vs square notch or having a black rear or not, but they do have a ledge.

I'm going to pick up one when they come back in stock as well as a set of Heinie's for my P30L's.

The Dawson's wouldn't work for me personally, as I need more light than they provide (.145" rear notch that goes with the. 140" factory front isn't enough light for me).

Quote Originally Posted by Nik the Greek View Post
    I noticed that there were some 2011 threads suggesting that ameriglo might be coming out with newer sight options for the P30 (Hacks, CAP, etc.) some time this year. Did anything ever come of that?
    I need to follow up with them about that now that I have a HK45 to deal with as well. I'll get in contact with them and see what they say.

Right now Heinie is still the best option, but Ill update as soon as I hear back from Ameriglo.
    "I want to see someone running down the street with a sims-gun shrieking 'I am the first revelation' " - SouthNarc

10-8 rear sight with a Dawson Precision .115 fiber optic front.

Name:  IMAG0150.jpg
Views: 512
Size:  28.6 KBName:  IMAG0151.jpg
Views: 497
Size:  20.0 KBName:  IMAG0152.jpg
Views: 494
Size:  21.3 KB
    Last edited by JohnN; 07-18-2012 at 12:32 PM.

JohnN, I think you ment to say 10-8 rear sight. It looks good.

10-8 is coming out with a front night sight in the near future.

Jason Falla has mentioned that they have thought about making the RB1 sights for the Hk45/p30 if there is enough interest. With the 10-8 sights I don't think it would be difficult to have the same rear sight but with a square notch and a front tritium night sight to RB1 specs. Email him at Jason@redbackone.com and voice your interest.

Have not heard anything recently about Ameriglo.

Either way there needs to be some more sight options for these guns.

Quote Originally Posted by Kevin P View Post
    JohnN, I think you ment to say 10-8 rear sight. It looks good.

10-8 is coming out with a front night sight in the near future.

Jason Falla has mentioned that they have thought about making the RB1 sights for the Hk45/p30 if there is enough interest. With the 10-8 sights I don't think it would be difficult to have the same rear sight but with a square notch and a front tritium night sight to RB1 specs. Email him at Jason@redbackone.com and voice your interest.

Have not heard anything recently about Ameriglo.

Either way there needs to be some more sight options for these guns.

You're right Kevin (10-8), I was ordering a set of Heinie sights just before typing that post and had a brain fart, sorry fellas.

Got a reply back from Rick at Ameriglo. He told me they have put the HK projects on hold for the rest of the year.

I wish someone other than Heinie would make a set of sights with tritium for the front & rear in a non stock form.
    "I want to see someone running down the street with a sims-gun shrieking 'I am the first revelation' " - SouthNarc

Been looking at Dawson & Heinie, but it is the 10-8 rear that caught my eye. As soon as they are in stock I'm ordering a couple (one spare for the second P30L I'm going to get this fall). I'd love to see them with the option for either:

1) 2 tritium vials* (i.e. 3 dot style)
    2) a single vial, below the notch

*No white rings around them like Trijicon uses, just plain trit vials.

Does anyone know if they are considering offering them as true night sights?
    If not, I'm assuming it's possible to have vials installed, I just don't now who to trust with that.
    Thoughts?
    If you can't taste the sarcasm, try licking the screen.

Gettin’ old and blind ain’t for sissies. ~ 41Magfan

Tooltech will install one rear tritium vial below the notch for $90.

Quote Originally Posted by JohnN View Post
    Tooltech will install one rear tritium vial below the notch for $90.
    OUCH! That hurts!

Another question: Just how good is that "ledge" on the rear sight for doing one handed manipulations? From the pictures I've seen it looks like it's not even at 90 degrees. Is that just the way the pics are?

Thanks.
    If you can't taste the sarcasm, try licking the screen.

Gettin’ old and blind ain’t for sissies. ~ 41Magfan

User Tag List