Page 102 of 131 FirstFirst ... 25292100101102103104112 ... LastLast
Results 1,011 to 1,020 of 1302

Thread: Short Fuse Enabling

Trying to remove temptation... been looking at this one a few days but really ought to spend the price otherwise...

https://www.gunbroker.com/item/995947367
    no one sees what's written on the spine of his own autobiography.

Quote Originally Posted by Stephanie B View Post
    So tempted....
    Anyone here bid on this?
    On the ragged edge of the world I'll roam,
    And the home of the wolf shall be my home - Robert Service

Revolvers Revolvers 1911s Stephanie B's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by 03RN View Post
    Anyone here bid on this?
    Not me. It may be a gun that was carried a lot and shot little. But when I looked at the photos, the knurling of the ejector rod is rusty. I’ve seen a couple model tens that looked pretty Grodi on the outside, but the internals were fine. It’s still a crapshoot

Considering that it would cost close to $400 with shipping, tax, and FFL fees, that’s a gamble I’m not willing to take.
    If we have to march off into the next world, let us walk there on the bodies of our enemies.

Quote Originally Posted by FrankB View Post
    You raise a good point. The finish makes me wonder if it was done to get rid of scratches and dings.

I would guess from looking at the gun that it's shiny because the person just liked it shiny. In my case, thats the only way I really care for stainless, to make it look like nickel. In its most common appearance, stainless holds little interest.

Being able to clean up finish glitches is also one reason many like stainless, its something you can do at home. I wouldnt necessarily consider it a negative if some finish glitches were cleaned up and it was well done.
    “Far better it is to dare mighty things, to win glorious triumphs, even though checkered by failure, than to take rank with those poor spirits who neither enjoy much nor suffer much, because they live in the gray twilight that knows neither victory nor defeat.”
    ― Theodore Roosevelt

Quote Originally Posted by Half Moon View Post
    Trying to remove temptation... been looking at this one a few days but really ought to spend the price otherwise...

https://www.gunbroker.com/item/995947367
    Temptation indeed. Good luck on keeping it at bay!

Quote Originally Posted by JAH 3rd View Post
    Temptation indeed. Good luck on keeping it at bay!
    Well, if I can enable someone else into buying it first, I can feel a brief, bitter twinge of regret then nothing more... it's sort of like passing along an earworm, innit... ;-)
    no one sees what's written on the spine of his own autobiography.

Sigh. I don't really like J-frames; I think they're really too small for useful shooting out of them. I bought a 22lr J-frame because I figured I should know how to use one, but...that was it. I have a Colt Night Cobra (new one) that I can't hit crap with; I don't know if it's me or the gun so I got the 22lr J-frame to see. So far it's coming down 50/50 me and the gun...

I went to a local-ish store this morning, and they had a 642-1 (no lock) for $299 + tax. Dated May the twoth, 2014.

Anyway, so now I have this J-frame in 38+P that I probably won't like and probably won't be able to shoot for shit, to go with the Colt Cobra and the 22lr 43c...

Quote Originally Posted by Evil_Ed View Post
    I went to a local-ish store this morning, and they had a 642-1 (no lock) for $299 + tax. Dated May the twoth, 2014.

Anyway, so now I have this J-frame in 38+P that I probably won't like and probably won't be able to shoot for shit, to go with the Colt Cobra and the 22lr 43c...
    Install an Apex kit in it and find some target wadcutters. You might be surprised and like it.

Quote Originally Posted by FrankB View Post
    You raise a good point. The finish makes me wonder if it was done to get rid of scratches and dings.
    Some people just polish one to make it shiny. The S&W Forums used to have threads on it.

You should have to pass a background check to buy Scotch-Brite pads or Flitz.

Okie John
    “The reliability of the 30-06 on most of the world’s non-dangerous game is so well established as to be beyond intelligent dispute.” Finn Aagaard
    "Don't fuck with it" seems to prevent the vast majority of reported issues." BehindBlueI's

Quote Originally Posted by Evil_Ed View Post
    Sigh. I don't really like J-frames; I think they're really too small for useful shooting out of them. I bought a 22lr J-frame because I figured I should know how to use one, but...that was it. I have a Colt Night Cobra (new one) that I can't hit crap with; I don't know if it's me or the gun so I got the 22lr J-frame to see. So far it's coming down 50/50 me and the gun...

Put some grips on it that fill in the backstrap. I don't have large hands and I need something like that to be able to shoot a J-Frame.

User Tag List