Thread: Interesting study on cancer cells and glucose...

Interesting study on cancer cells and glucose...

I'm not a science geek, so someone who has a larger knowledge base than I should weigh in.

http://www.sciencedaily.com/releases...0626131854.htm
    Fairness leads to extinction much faster than harsh parameters.

From the article:

To explain the seemingly contradictory result that glucose deprivation reduced viability and at the same time increased signaling, the authors used an unbiased systems-biology approach that included phospho-tyrosine mass spectrometry and other biochemical profiling techniques.
    Pretty much says it all.

Quote Originally Posted by Al T. View Post
    From the article:

Pretty much says it all.
    I tried using Google Translate to put that into English... my computer froze up.

What I gathered from the article... stop feeding the cancer cells... they die.

And the collective knowledge base re: insulin resistance, plasma glucose levels and chronic inflammation as contributory mechanisms for a whole host of neoplasms is strengthened.

The medical/research community has known for years that high plasma levels of glucose, reduced insulin sensitivity and chronic inflammation are the harbingers of many/most chronic diseases.

Why is this not more common knowledge among the general population? Why aren't more physicians concentrating on disease prevention through mitigation of these processes?

Well, all I have to say is the (mainstream) shooting community isn't the only insular body resistant to change due to dogmatic ignorance of rationally-presented evidence that contradicts the status quo.

Quote Originally Posted by ghettomedic View Post
    And the collective knowledge base re: insulin resistance, plasma glucose levels and chronic inflammation as contributory mechanisms for a whole host of neoplasms is strengthened.

The medical/research community has known for years that high plasma levels of glucose, reduced insulin sensitivity and chronic inflammation are the harbingers of many/most chronic diseases.

Why is this not more common knowledge among the general population? Why aren't more physicians concentrating on disease prevention through mitigation of these processes?

Well, all I have to say is the (mainstream) shooting community isn't the only insular body resistant to change due to dogmatic ignorance of rationally-presented evidence that contradicts the status quo.
    BAZINGA!!!

Most people want to change 'hardware', b/c a) it's easier to blame and b) it's easier to replace. 'Software' changes take too much time and effort.
    Fairness leads to extinction much faster than harsh parameters.

User Tag List