Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: ‘Guns Save Life’ Uses Chicago Buyback to Send Kids to NRA Gun Camp

‘Guns Save Life’ Uses Chicago Buyback to Send Kids to NRA Gun Camp

On Saturday, June 23, three of Guns Save Life’s intrepid members, Chris Betley, John Sutter and Steve Fuller drove to Chicago to participate in the city’s annual gun “turn in” event titled, “Don’t Kill A Dream Save A Life.” In short, the sum real-world value of the guns we took up to the Windy City would have been calculated by most people – ourselves included – solely on their scrap metal value. To the gun-hating do-gooders up there, though, they were worth big dollars; $100 for each firearm and $10 for BB-guns and replicas. No questions asked. So, to take advantage of this artificial market for accumulated rust and machined parts, we sent our three members up north with sixty “guns” and four pellet pistols . . .

We’ve been busy collecting non-firing junk donated by our GSL members almost non-stop, earmarking the rusty, broken-down clunkers for the self-defense eschewing gun-haters in Chicago. And it’s all for a good cause: the children.
    At the second location they visited, our members ran into what they all agreed was a tenacious, bordering on obnoxious detective. The detective hit our three guys up with a series of rapid-fire questions and pointed remarks. “Where in the hell did you dig these up? Out of a grave site?” the detective asked. “Who are you with? What’s your affiliation?” he continued. So much for that “no questions asked” policy.

...... “Hey, next time, get some guns from this century, will ya?”
    http://www.thetruthaboutguns.com/201...p/#more-146086

Awesome!

The comments section under that article makes me want to destroy both the 1st and 2nd Amendments.

One more reason it's not about the guns, it's about the politics.

That is brilliant, very well done
    Taking a break from social media.

Great article. Great success. Crappy name. I don't think it's grammatically correct and it sounds cro-magnon. *GRUNT* Guns Save Life

GSL looks like a great organization, but make it Guns Save Lives so we don't give liberals a legitimate reason to poke fun at us for being knuckle-draggers.
    Fairness leads to extinction much faster than harsh parameters.

Agreed that is indeed not about "getting guns off the street" (though guns on the street present a driving hazard- gotta watch out for potholes with Mosin-Nagants in em).

Some people won't be content until we have a government that controls every single aspect of their lives.

They'd like to see us as a North Korea style state with legal marijuana, fast food and reality TV.

Quote Originally Posted by FredM View Post
    Some people won't be content until we have a government that controls every single aspect of their lives.

They'd like to see us as a North Korea style state with legal marijuana, fast food and reality TV.
    I wish I could say you're wrong. I'm starting to realize that the most important thing I can do for my daughter is to keep her from becoming one of them.

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk 2

You forgot a president that slow jams....because he's cool.

( gotta watch out for potholes with Mosin-Nagants in em).
    If I had a nickel...
    I train to be better than I was yesterday. -F2S

User Tag List