3 5.00%
  • $1.18-$1.29

1 1.67%
  • Above $1.29

10 16.67%
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Predict the Price of 9mm on 20 Jan 2021

Quote Originally Posted by RJ View Post

Are you seeing supplies restock or a return to lower prices in your area?
    For fun I updated my metric today with latest prices from Ammoseek a/o this morning. I've been tracking this sporadically this summer, now seeing bottom feeder ammo around 25 cpr. Seems like ammo is about the only thing whose price is falling these days.

Name:  capture.jpg
Views: 325
Size:  45.3 KB

Site Supporter
    I've bought Blazer on line for $.30/round. Of course, there is shipping and tax but that adds about 2.5 cents per round. However, the local gun stores and Cabelas are running similar Blazer and practice rounds at 40 cents for 9mm FMJ.

The on line is convenient and avoids me going past the award winning BBQ restaurant next to the LGS which is bad for my figure.

Quote Originally Posted by Glenn E. Meyer View Post
    The on line is convenient and avoids me going past the award winning BBQ restaurant next to the LGS which is bad for my figure.
    Name:  9356EB12-25A1-4F71-A0D2-DDAA2738AD4C.jpeg
Views: 283
Size:  58.7 KB
    Nothing so needs reforming as other people's habits - Mark Twain

Tact is the knack of making a point without making an enemy / Where is the wisdom we have lost in knowledge?

Time to buy before November?

Might be for me. I'm (relatively) low in all calibers. I'm taking a look at my inventory now, but may be time to pick up a stock of range ammo sufficient to take a class or three over the next few years. Plus some carry ammo.

Name:  Screenshot from 2024-04-28 07-41-27.png
Views: 190
Size:  38.6 KB

Site Supporter

Might be for me. I'm (relatively) low in all calibers. I'm taking a look at my inventory now, but may be time to pick up a stock of range ammo sufficient to take a class or three over the next few years. Plus some carry ammo.

I'm a fan of always-be-buying, to the point where it's a line item in the monthly budget.

This is where I am at. I don't shoot nearly as much as I'd like these days, but my pre-COVID stock has dwindled, and I've been waiting for the right moment. Now may be the time.

If you find a compelling deal on 9mm, would you mind posting the make, model and source you settle on? I have come to value your ability with charts, graphs, and various such things over the years, RJ. I may just resort to "WWRJD" strategy for acquisitions like buying Nancy Pelosi stocks.

Quote Originally Posted by frozentundra View Post
    This is where I am at. I don't shoot nearly as much as I'd like these days, but my pre-COVID stock has dwindled, and I've been waiting for the right moment. Now may be the time.

If you find a compelling deal on 9mm, would you mind posting the make, model and source you settle on? I have come to value your ability with charts, graphs, and various such things over the years, RJ. I may just resort to "WWRJD" strategy for acquisitions like buying Nancy Pelosi stocks.
    This is not the best deal out there, but close enough for government work. I have a soft spot for these guys as they’re the official ammo supplier for TacCon. You order in advance, either 300 or 1000 rounds, and it’s delivered to TacCon with no shipping fee. If you’re flying in from out of town, it saves you the hassle of trying to find ammo the evening before. https://www.omusha-ammo.com/products...m124g-pmp-5241

It’s South African 9mm 124 and I’ve found it to be reliable, accurate and consistent. This is what it’d be for two cases plus shipping (no sales tax if shipped outside Texas), and I can confirm that they do ship fast:

Name:  IMG_2293.jpeg
Views: 154
Size:  52.5 KB

Quote Originally Posted by frozentundra View Post

Eh I dunno about that.

Lately I’ve been buying Federal HST, both 124 standard for 9mm and 230 in .45 ACP. I’ve gotten my last few orders from either TargetSportsUSA or Velocity Ammo. For .38, I found some Gold Medal Match target wadcutters, I believe that was from Federal direct.

I am not sure what I’d go for in terms of 9mm target ammo. Previously I used American Eagle 124 and it’s run fine, so that’s what I’d probably order.

I don't buy non-carry factory 9mm anymore, but I'm planning on buying another 10k small pistol primers in a month or two. I've already got proportionally more powder than primers. Brass and bullets I don't worry about as much.

Site Supporter
    My days of multi-hundred-round practice sessions are in the past. It's been a while since I've exceeded 100 rounds in a session. Most of my shooting is with my handloads, and I've got enough components for probably 8k of various calibers plus a bunch of 9x19 and .40 S&W factory ammo. I'm not stressing.
    "Everything in life is really simple, provided you don’t know a f—–g thing about it." - Kevin D. Williamson

User Tag List