Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Any Serpa Holster Failures

Any Serpa Holster Failures

Has anyone here personally experienced any of the Blackhawk brand Serpa holsters fail to release a firearm on demand (mechanically speaking)? I've heard of a few second hand accounts. I carry one and haven't had a problem and I know many who swear by them.

I locked one up with a Sim gun and had to break the holster to get it out. From a class in Phoenix 2005 after ground fighting with it in the dirt.

I have one but I made it safe by removing it's safety features.

I am forced to carry one for duty use, since I run a P30 with a TLR-1 and holsters for duty are very limited and at the time, BH was the only one that made a Level-III for my setup. Have I had any problems, no. As a matter of fact, there's a lot of LEO's in my area that use them without issue. One of the USEC Teams in my area run them pretty hard and haven't reported any issues, either and these boys shoot a lot (50,000 + per year). But, these are not the CQC holsters.

Quote Originally Posted by SouthNarc View Post
    I locked one up with a Sim gun and had to break the holster to get it out. From a class in Phoenix 2005 after ground fighting with it in the dirt.
    Narc,

Was it a CQC or one of their duty models?

CQC I believe. It wasn't for a Sam Browne, wide type belt.

David that video speak volumes.

Up here in Minnesnowta that is a real potential problem. I will have to re-evaluate, looks like Murphy showed up.
    Last edited by AHL; 03-17-2011 at 11:28 PM. Reason: should've finished the whole video.

Quote Originally Posted by AHL View Post
    David that video speak volumes.

Up here in Minnesnowta that is a real potential problem. I will have to re-evaluate, looks like Murphy showed up.
    Yeah it would be an issue here too, we get dumped on every winter.

I've eye witnessing one serious AD back in 2004. The shooter lost around 4 inches of her femur as she tries to draw a G26 from a Serpa.

BTW, I discussed the issue with one of the BHI representatives at the IWA Nuernberg. His explanation was somewhat ignorant. He told me, the shooter had violated the rules of the Serpa and this leads to the AD.
    Frank B
    "You are not paid for what you do, you are paid for what you may have to do, and when that time comes, you will be highly underpaid."

User Tag List