Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Zie Germans do it better, mein freund...

An indoor range a fraction as nice as that would be packed 24/7 up here in the winter time. If only I was a billionaire...
    "A good shooter with a weak body and weak mind will lose against one who has the physical ability to crush him, and the mental ability to do it repeatedly"
    -Kyle Defoor

I'd still rather shoot outside.
    Evil requires the sanction of the victim. - Ayn Rand

Quote Originally Posted by JConn View Post
    I'd still rather shoot outside.
    Dbl ditto.

Quote Originally Posted by F-Trooper05 View Post
    An indoor range a fraction as nice as that would be packed 24/7 up here in the winter time. If only I was a billionaire...
    Ditto.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I727 using Tapatalk 2
    Fairness leads to extinction much faster than harsh parameters.

Quote Originally Posted by FredM View Post
    In Germany, the private ownership of firearms is tightly regulated and controlled by the government. They have no 2nd Amendment, and the lawful ownership of firearms is reserved for those who show a "legitimate" need to possess a firearm. Hunting is much more regulated as well (and expensive).

When I had family from Germany visit about 8 years ago, they were absolutely stunned at how accessible firearms were to the "common person" in the United States (keep in mind this was in Maryland), and how you could just.....buy a box of 12 gauge ammo at Walmart and a case of 9x19 online and have it at your door a few days later.
    lulz. Wo ist ihre familie aus, landsmann?

My family has been over in the states for some time, but we still maintain relationships with our cousins back home. I had a cousin over last year as an exchange student, staying with some relatives. She saw one of my m4's and was shocked that I could buy it and walk out of the story with it after a little bit of paperwork.
    " One of the tribesmen in Thrace now delights in the shield I discarded /Unwillingly near a bush, for it was perfectly good /But at least I got myself safely out. Why should I care for that shield? / Let it go. Some other time I'll find another no worse. - Archilochus
    "To take the uninstructed to war is to throw them away" - Confucious

We are diminished
    Quote Originally Posted by Long tom coffin View Post
    I had a cousin over last year as an exchange student, staying with some relatives. She saw one of my m4's and was shocked that I could buy it and walk out of the story with it after a little bit of paperwork.
    Why? What does she know about you that we don't???

Quote Originally Posted by ToddG View Post
    Why? What does she know about you that we don't???

Because she found out...uh, no, wait........ I swear I had something for this. Something about suppressors and a black balaclava.
    " One of the tribesmen in Thrace now delights in the shield I discarded /Unwillingly near a bush, for it was perfectly good /But at least I got myself safely out. Why should I care for that shield? / Let it go. Some other time I'll find another no worse. - Archilochus

The cops in Germany have big guns
    Matthias Botthof

Quote Originally Posted by Long tom coffin View Post
    lulz. Wo ist ihre familie aus, landsmann?

My family has been over in the states for some time, but we still maintain relationships with our cousins back home. I had a cousin over last year as an exchange student, staying with some relatives. She saw one of my m4's and was shocked that I could buy it and walk out of the story with it after a little bit of paperwork.
    They hail from Rheinland Pfalz, in a town called Rockenhausen. Beautiful, rural country there and nice folks. Yours?

Quote Originally Posted by FredM View Post
    They hail from Rheinland Pfalz, in a town called Rockenhausen. Beautiful, rural country there and nice folks. Yours?
    Hail, neighbor! Mine are a little farther up north, in Beckum, in North-Rhine Westphalia.

I've been to the -Pfalz area before, and it is amazingly beautiful, and was pretty reminiscent of the area around Beckum. Never made it to Rockenhausen, though. Close as I got to that was Trier, which was a sight in itself.

Quote Originally Posted by jstyer View Post
    Freaking A!!!! That must be some kind if self healing, regenerative, wolverine projector screen or something... imagine how awesome it would be to run Virtual Reality with live ammo
    I have shot at a few European range with projection targets. They aren't so much self healing as projected against a scrolling background that can be advanced to present a clean backstop. Older generations were fixed images. FATS type solutions were a natural evolution. Downside is most are fixed distance...typically 25 to 50 metres for handgun. Many also have slow fire restrictions.

Lot of potential there though, and the basic technologies are getting much cheaper. I expect we will see innovation soon enough, and at the retail price point. Then again, as long as the old guard is making money hand over fist with dank unventilated concrete boxes that they don't even really have to light with more than one sad tube, or a wood table in a field, change will be slower than it should be.

User Tag List