Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Thread: carbine light placement

I have the light mount on the lever gun. I used a scope base for a Ruger ring, as its much more compact and cleaner than the weaver/picatinny type base. It's silver soldered on the magazine tube, and is pretty unobtrusive when the light is detached. It's easy to reach to activate the tail cap with my left thumb when holding the gun two handed. It lights up the front sight, I'm not sure how much I like it doing that, I may do a small shade. The plan is to trim the barrel 3" also, that may take care of the sight being lit up. Gun is a Browning 92 44 mag.

A Surefire 6p works well in the 1" Ruger scope ring.

Without the light,

Last edited by Malamute; 04-11-2014 at 06:12 PM.

On my work gun I run my surefire scout at 11 and my laser at 3. It could be vice versa, running the CQB-L on the left side just gives me more hand room. I have a vampire head that fits on the scout light so when we deploy at night with NVGs I just unscrew the normal head and put on the vampire. Best of both worlds, and generally easy to do since there will be some time to spin up if I'm grabbing NVG gear.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

The Inforce WML is also an option, and they offer an ir version. Right now you are limited to 200 lumens, 175 I believe if you want the ir light, but they are coming out with the wmlx which will put out 500 lumens. I run one on my rifle at 12 in front of the front sight but it could just as easily be mounted at 9 or 3.

User Tag List