Thread: FN-9 Compact: Impressions?

FN-9 Compact: Impressions?

If you shoot this little gun, what are your impressions?

And where can flat magazine baseplates be found?

For whatever it's worth, I put a few mags through one and liked it quite a bit. I found that with the extended mag baseplate that the gun was a very good fit for my hands.

I'd be all over the FNS line-up if the trigger was a bit more "traditional". They fit my hands well, they appear to be accurate and well-made and the compact was a great size The fact that reputable gunsmiths have indicated that it's a complicated design upon which building would be tough was enough for me to look at one of the many good alternatives.

I had one for a bit sold it down the road. Mag availability wasn't very good at the time all you could get were 17 rounders. This was a paticular problem because I had 2 were the follower would slip past the slide lock and you would have to stip the mag out. Not sure if it was a mag or gun problem my guess is the slide release lever was out of spec allowing the follower to slip past. I liked the trigger, grip texture, size was good with the extended base plate the flush fit I found uncomfortable. It created a ledge in a bad spot for my hand I couldnt fit above or below it. I would go with a m&p compact over the fn much better support and parts availability.

User Tag List