Thread: Anyone else watch So You Think You Can Dance?

Banned

Anyone else watch So You Think You Can Dance?

I can't dance worth a lick, but I really respect the bluecollar beauty of dance, and this show really shows the amount of work and talent it takes to be a world-class dancer.

And the girls aren't bad to look at, I have to say.

The last episode was pretty good - the roommates from the Monster House or Dragon House or whatever were sick. The Swiss balet dancer dude has to be an early favorite, if he doesn't get hurt like Alex Wong did.

And speaking with Alex Wong, here's a high point from a couple of seasons ago...

I've got bad news for you Andy.
    All I know is that I know nothing. - Socrates

My wife watches it...which means so do I. I couldn't really care less about the solo routines, but I'll admit to kind of liking some of the couple routines, especially the ones that are supposed to tell some sort of story, or the ones that have a good sense of humor about them. A lot of the chicks are hot too and that doesn't hurt
    --Josh
    “Formerly we suffered from crimes; now we suffer from laws.” - Tacitus.

Banned
    Yeah buddy! That's what I'm talking about.

To be honest about 90% of the couples routines are about unrequited love and that get's pretty boring.

I like the early episodes best, where people are just doing their thing, whether it’s what they are truly great at, or laughably bad at.

In the later episodes, the choreographers saddle the dancers with all these sappy dances trying to tell a profound story that speaks to the human experience, and then the more annoying judges have to cry and stuff. Not as interesting to me.

As noted by others, hot chicks moving really well is hot.

Generally, I most enjoy the b-boys and girls, poppers, lockers, etc. – the street dance styles.

One thing that stands out for me on SYTYCD more so than other reality/talent shows is that I think the judges, especially Nigel, are very much into the whole thing and come across as having a genuine passion for the people as well as the art. They're not just there to critique and collect a check. I can appreciate people who are passionate about what it is they're doing/promoting even if it's something I don't necessarily have a big interest in myself.
    --Josh
    “Formerly we suffered from crimes; now we suffer from laws.” - Tacitus.

Totally off topic, but I just wanted to tell you LOKNLOD: I love your avatar.

User Tag List