Thread: Sincere Apology

Banned

Sincere Apology

To the members and staff of Pistol-Forum.com:

I would like to offer a formal apology for the comments and actions that resulted in my banishment from this site for three days. I admit that I took unfair and overly-critical swipes at the SMEs and staff in some of my posts here, and I shouldn’t have.

One thing I have always found to be the true measure of a man is when he will admit that he was wrong. In this case, I was wrong. The rules here are very clear – staff and SMEs are not to be disrespected – and I broke those rules by being disrespectful.

I hope the staff can be big enough to accept my apology so we can move on and have civil, productive discussions about the art and science of shooting a pistol. I’ve never been the kind of person who carries around a big ego and won’t learn from others just because I disagree with them, and I certainly don’t believe that the only way to measure the worth of a shooter is by the timer and the target.

If I am rude, abrasive, offensive, or contrary on other websites, take my word that I can check those things at the door. Just like the real world, I’m sure we all have places online where we can vent our frustrations and others where we are calm, quiet professionals. Some may see a contradiction in that statement, and to them I quote Walt Whitman: “Do I contradict myself? Very well, then I contradict myself, I am large, I contain multitudes.”

I hope this apology is received in the spirit in which it is intended. I won’t respond to any negative comments about myself or the staff here in this thread, and I request any such comments be PMed to me so we can discuss it appropriately, and not in public.

Thank you.

Very good. Thank you.
    Nobody is impressed by what you can't do. -THJ

Site Supporter
    Welcome Back.

WOW missed it ---- but well said!
    Scott
    Only Hits Count - The Faster the Hit the more it Counts!!!!!!; DELIVER THE SHOT!
    Stephen Hillier - "An amateur practices until he can do it right, a professional practices until he can't do it wrong."

Welcome back!

User Tag List