Page 114 of 122 FirstFirst ... 1464104112113114115116 ... LastLast
Results 1,131 to 1,140 of 1219

Thread: New 2 July 2020 SIG P320 Lawsuit and P320 Concerns

Quote Originally Posted by Suvorov View Post
    Kind of hard to duty remove a holster from a duty belt.
    Especially while doing your "duty?"
    "The victor is not victorious if the vanquished does not consider himself so."
    ― Ennius

Site Supporter
    My first thought was: If the gun belt can stay on, why not just leave everything in place? If the gun needs to come off, why not remove the entire belt and keep everything together and secured?

Thinking about this further, you may have a point. If the whole belt must be hung someplace where it could be grabbed by someone outside a stall, separating the gun might make sense.
    Any legal information I may post is general information, and is not legal advice. Such information may or may not apply to your specific situation. I am not your attorney unless an attorney-client relationship is separately and privately established.

Glock Collective Assimile Suvorov's Avatar
    Escapee from the SF Bay Area now living on the Front Range of Colorado.
    Quote Originally Posted by BillSWPA View Post
    My first thought was: If the gun belt can stay on, why not just leave everything in place? If the gun needs to come off, why not remove the entire belt and keep everything together and secured?

Thinking about this further, you may have a point. If the whole belt must be hung someplace where it could be grabbed by someone outside a stall, separating the gun might make sense.
    I agree with your practice of removing the holster with the gun when CCW. With heavy guns and belts during the limited experience I have carrying them, I really don’t like that laying on the floor of the bathroom (or porta John). I know a few who say they remove their weapon when taking a sit, but I know their are legions here with far more experience than me in this matter who can chime in.

Just another reason I really liked my tanker holster……

https://safariland.com/products/quic...stem-kit-23136

https://blade-tech.com/products/tek-mount

https://www.blackhawk.com/holsters/t...-430953BK.html

Sent from my SM-S901U using Tapatalk

I have a hard time believing that a police officer in duty uniform (which can assume is the worst case scenario for this incident vs. plain clothes) has not figured out, in all the years of police officers wearing duty belts how to drop a deuce without taking their gun out of the holster.

I also have a hard time believing that anyone would think its a good idea to do so and that the legal liability of the brass above that person would ever say that was an ok thing to do. Even from a practical stand point, what do you do with the gun when you wipe?

I have been surprised before however... so there is that.

I use the Safariland QLS you reference, but that is to facilitate my need to attach and remove my weapon frequently. I know many who won't use it for fear that the clip will fail in time of need. I would be surprised if this method is used with Police Duty Belts.

Uniformed police officers?
    Last edited by Suvorov; 04-05-2024 at 12:26 PM.

Site Supporter
    Carrying IWB, I will leave everything in place and roll the waistband of the pants inward. This keeps gear covered and secure. I can see that bit working with a duty belt
    Any legal information I may post is general information, and is not legal advice. Such information may or may not apply to your specific situation. I am not your attorney unless an attorney-client relationship is separately and privately established.

We were taught to pop our keepers and wear the duty belt around our neck like a purse.
    Ken

BBI: ...”you better not forget the safe word because shit's about to get weird”...
    revchuck38: ...”mo' ammo is mo' betta' unless you're swimming or on fire.”

Personally I use the QLS for this (and other) situations such as entering a correctional facility where the gun must come off. QLS or no, if in an unsecure facility the entire belt needs to be under control in the stall. I’m always impressed our female officers have figured out a way to deal with duty belts much quicker than me. It’s usually a few minutes to get the belt situated after taking care of business.

Personal opinion- anyone who can’t figure out how to drop trousers without upholstering should probably have washed out of a hiring process.
    Anything I post is my opinion alone as a private citizen.

Quote Originally Posted by DpdG View Post
    Personally I use the QLS for this (and other) situations such as entering a correctional facility where the gun must come off. After all these years I think anyone who hasn’t figured out how to drop trousers without upholstering should probably have washed out of a hiring process.

QLS or no, if in an unsecure facility the entire belt needs to be under control in the stall. I’m always impressed our female officers have figured out a way to deal with duty belts much quicker than me. It’s usually a few minutes to get the belt situated after taking care of business.
    So you utilize the QLS on a duty rig?

User Tag List