Thread: RFI: Samson M&P Shield Compact Magwell experiences

RFI: Samson M&P Shield Compact Magwell experiences

Link to magwell: https://www.samson-mfg.com/compact-magwell.html

So, sadly, I must admit that the M&P Shied is a better shooter for me (a die hard Glock guy) than the G43X. The only thing I cannot stand (aside from the lack of a SCD ever being an option) is the magazine grip adapter for the 8 round mag as I have no use for the flush fit 7 rounders. I saw this accessory and am intrigued - just asking if anyone here has some real experience with running one.
    "Detached reflection cannot be demanded in the presence of an uplifted knife." - Justice Oliver Wendell Holmes, Brown v. United States, 256 U.S. 335 (1921)

Sorry not sorry for the necropost.

I, too, am looking to move away from the Glock platform for a variety of reasons (still great pistols, I just have changing needs), and since nobody makes a viable "slimline" DA/SA hammer gun that can compete with the likes of a P365 of Shield, I'm stuck with (wait for it) a P365 or a Shield. Seeing as how I have a few M&P 2.0s I enjoy, that seemed like a more natural choice for me than a P365. My problem? Short grips mean pinched pinkies, which I hate. So I've been favoring the idea of buying a P365, until now.

I recently ran across the Samson magwell also, and apparently they make one for the Shield Plus now. Does anyone have ANY feedback on these at all? I'm not against trying one, but I'd have to buy a Shield Plus first. I'm trying to avoid buying more guns than I need (yeah, yeah, "you can never have too many," but my bank account disagrees right now).

The link in Echo's OP takes you to the Compact, here's the link for the Shield Plus: https://www.samson-mfg.com/shield-pl...t-magwell.html

Quote Originally Posted by Basher View Post
    Sorry not sorry for the necropost.

I, too, am looking to move away from the Glock platform for a variety of reasons (still great pistols, I just have changing needs), and since nobody makes a viable "slimline" DA/SA hammer gun that can compete with the likes of a P365 of Shield, I'm stuck with (wait for it) a P365 or a Shield. Seeing as how I have a few M&P 2.0s I enjoy, that seemed like a more natural choice for me than a P365. My problem? Short grips mean pinched pinkies, which I hate. So I've been favoring the idea of buying a P365, until now.

I recently ran across the Samson magwell also, and apparently they make one for the Shield Plus now. Does anyone have ANY feedback on these at all? I'm not against trying one, but I'd have to buy a Shield Plus first. I'm trying to avoid buying more guns than I need (yeah, yeah, "you can never have too many," but my bank account disagrees right now).

The link in Echo's OP takes you to the Compact, here's the link for the Shield Plus: https://www.samson-mfg.com/shield-pl...t-magwell.html
    I tried one for my (now sold) Shield. Hard pass. The mag well was not fit for use, simply grasping firmly would dislodge it from the frame during reloads. I have given up on short-gripped pistols in the sense of trying to reload them as quickly and smoothly as a longer-gripped pistol.

Perhaps the Plus version is better, but I doubt it. FWIW.
    "Detached reflection cannot be demanded in the presence of an uplifted knife." - Justice Oliver Wendell Holmes, Brown v. United States, 256 U.S. 335 (1921)

That's disappointing news, I was really hoping it would work lol. Too bad S&W hasn't seen fit to make a Shield with a longer grip to compete with the G43X/G48, as I also struggle to use short-framed compacts. Anyway, thanks for the feedback!

User Tag List