Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: 2012 1911, when will it arrive and be GTG

THE THIRST MUTILATOR Nephrology's Avatar
    September 10, 2012.

We are diminished
    Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    Two things, responses need to include the year in addition to day and month...
    That's awesome.

Another cool prize would be a free helicopter ride around the winner's home town. Just sayin' ...

For my sake, can you define "enter service" as the criteria? I'm assuming it means I've started carrying the gun every day. In order for that to happen, just fyi, the gun will need to fire 1,000 trouble free rounds of FMJ followed by 200rd of an acceptable JHP/defensive load. That does not necessarily mean without cleaning or lubrication. The three loads I'm planning to test for possible carry use are the Federal 124gr+p HST (my current carry ammo), 124gr +p Gold Dot, and the ASYM Ammunition 115gr +p SDX.

Quote Originally Posted by JConn View Post
    Which horseman is that?
    Not sure, but I bet while riding, he also he shoots straight and speaks the truth.
    --Josh
    “Formerly we suffered from crimes; now we suffer from laws.” - Tacitus.

September 1, 2012

Quote Originally Posted by ToddG View Post
    That's awesome.

Another cool prize would be a free helicopter ride around the winner's home town. Just sayin' ...

For my sake, can you define "enter service" as the criteria? I'm assuming it means I've started carrying the gun every day. In order for that to happen, just fyi, the gun will need to fire 1,000 trouble free rounds of FMJ followed by 200rd of an acceptable JHP/defensive load. That does not necessarily mean without cleaning or lubrication. The three loads I'm planning to test for possible carry use are the Federal 124gr+p HST (my current carry ammo), 124gr +p Gold Dot, and the ASYM Ammunition 115gr +p SDX.
    Todd, that might be too tough a criteria, since most responses have been dates in 2012.

I was thinking it would be the date you be received both pistols, and had fired a few rounds to do initial function checking, to determine whether they needed preliminary adjustment, and had any adjustments completed. Having been around 1911 pistols for over 30 years, I know how hard it can be to get a good 'smith to get a project finished, but to atually get two, and that run, and in 9mm, seems to be stacking the odds against you. Gracious guy that I am, why don't you just tell us the date when it happens, based on the criteria that make sense at that time.

We are diminished
    Understood. My point is that if I cannot get the guns to meet the stated level of dependability ("I'll carry them"), the test will likely end and I'll sell the guns to someone who doesn't read PTC or PF.

(edited to add: I wouldn't really do that)

Site Supporter

In free-range, non-GMO, organic, fair trade Broad Ripple, IN
    Quote Originally Posted by LOKNLOD View Post
    Not sure, but I bet while riding, he also he shoots straight and speaks the truth.
    /thread

Also, Bastille Day 2012.
    Books. Bikes. Boomsticks.

I can explain it to you. I can’t understand it for you.

Bastille Day!
    Think for yourself. Question authority.

In free-range, non-GMO, organic, fair trade Broad Ripple, IN
    I will never see a Rush album cover again without thinking of Krieger's van.
    Books. Bikes. Boomsticks.

I can explain it to you. I can’t understand it for you.

User Tag List