Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: JRC's Appendix Holster

Site Supporter

JRC's Appendix Holster

I currently use a CCC Shaggy for my Gen4 19, but I really wanted to try something in leather, so I bought an AIWB-CDA from JRC.

I had him duplicate the ride height of the Shaggy, and after some discussion, a chicago screw attachment for the loop. That should allow me to tune the ride height, in case it's not quite right, and use different width loops for belt changes.

I hope to have a review after I put it through some range sessions, and a match or two.

Last edited by JV_; 01-17-2012 at 06:17 PM.

Awesome.

Whats the circular tab of leather over the bottom of the trigger guard?
    "Are you ready? Okay. Let's roll."- Last words of Todd Beamer

Site Supporter
    It's a wedge that helps push the butt of the gun in to your body.

Quote Originally Posted by TGS View Post
    Awesome.

Whats the circular tab of leather over the bottom of the trigger guard?
    As JV said, it is an extra wedge to help push the butt of the gun in tighter to the body. It is removable. The welt under the wedge has 5 thickness of leather, with the middle one being wedge shaped. This makes the holster more adaptable to a particular individuals needs.
    "People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf." George Orwell
    http://www.jrcholsters.com

Looks good. I'm looking forward to the review
    Phillipians 4:13
    Go Gators/Wildcats!!!
    Glock Cert. Armorer

That looks very nice. I like the idea of the removable leather wedge. I imagine that would allow the user to adapt the holster to their liking.

Site Supporter
    I got to check out TG's JRC holster on Friday. The build quality looked outstanding. I didn't try it, but it the design looked pretty good and with some minor tweaks it could be good appendix holster.

JV -- Did you consider having the holster made with less material under the muzzle? There is a pic on JRC's website of an AIWB holster for an M&P that seems like it would be much more comfortable to me.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by joshs View Post
    JV -- Did you consider having the holster made with less material under the muzzle? There is a pic on JRC's website of an AIWB holster for an M&P that seems like it would be much more comfortable to me.
    I had it made for a 19, and there is enough material to work with a 17. The 17 fits pretty well, and I like the idea of being able to use it if I go back.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by JV View Post
    I had it made for a 19, and there is enough material to work with a 17. The 17 fits pretty well, and I like the idea of being able to use it if I go back.
    Sorry, I meant the material that is under the rail/dustcover area. If you look at the pic I linked to, there is much less material there on that holster.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by joshs View Post
    Sorry, I meant the material that is under the rail/dustcover area. If you look at the pic I linked to, there is much less material there on that holster.
    Oh, I did not consider that. Wearing it at 1 o'clock, I don't notice it. Perhaps I'll notice when the ride height drops that last .5"...

You're welcome to give mine a whirl. I should have the new loop for my Friday range session.

User Tag List