Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: AA or TacSol .22 conversion?

Site Supporter

AA or TacSol .22 conversion?

Which one would you buy? Looking to get a .22 conversion and a NLT SIRT to get more training in with my G17/26.

I have owned a few TacSol products in the past and they make fantastic stuff.

However, I currently own an AA kit for my G19 and couldn't be happier. I don't find it to be particularly ammo sensitive as some report. I actually took it to the range this morning and it was dead nuts accurate for me at the close up (7yrds) distances I was practicing.

I am not sure the TacSol kit offers anything more for the extra $. I'd personally suggest going with the AA kit.

Site Supporter
    I was thinking the AA was the way to go. Not sure about the TacSol with a Gen4?

I have an AA kit for a G19. I got a deal on a complete lower Gen2 G19 frame for $200, and an unfired AA .22 kit for $200. So I ended up with a dedicated .22 for $400. I was not unhappy with that, by the way.

It's been excellent with the following ammo: Remington Golden Bullets, Federal Auto Match, CCI Stingers. No failures to feed/extract were observed. I did keep the pistol properly lubed. It has had 912 rounds of Remington, 80 rounds of Federal, and 62 rounds of CCI according to my logbook. I did not use the CCI rounds first, as is often recommended. The pistol was quite reliable straight out of the box.

I did try one magazine of Federal Bulk Pack, and had two failures to feed on the last two rounds. That was in a magazine that had shown no issues with the other three types of rounds. I number all my mags, and log their performance. So I feel that was likely the ammo. Advantage Arms specifically says NOT to use Federal Bulk Pack. I just wanted to try it, since I have about 20K rounds of it stockpiled.

Something I do like is being able to work with my daughter on trigger control and press outs with the .22. This setup makes that very economical. I also have a set of Warren Defoors on it, which to make it a bit easier as a trainer, I think. I did remove the factory floorplates on the mags, and spray-painted them orange. I also have orange Magpuls on my Black Dog .22 mags for my TacSol .22 carbine. It just makes it easier to sort the gear, before and at the range. BTW, Glock orange floorplates will not fit the AA mags.

I have not tried a TacSol .22 kit for a Glock. But the one I have for my AR is excellent, with well over 2K rounds through it.

Just my personal opinion, but I would get the AA kit for the Glock, and the TacSol kit for the AR.

Good luck, and let me know if I may be of any further assistance.

I have a AA kit for my G17 and I love it. As long as I run it wet, it is problem free. I shoot Remington golden bullets that I pick up at Walmart...550 rounds for $20.
    Phillipians 4:13
    Go Gators/Wildcats!!!
    Glock Cert. Armorer

My AA .22 kit for G19gen3 has been very reliable with the right ammo. Rem Golden Bullets are the best bulk ammo I've found yet. Federal doesn't run well at all, especially their recommended Auto Match. I also run it very wet.

I got the AA as I could put the same Henie Sights on it as I had on my Glock 17. That way I not only had the same trigger, but the same sight picture too.

Site Supporter
    I went with the AA Gen4 kit. Should be here early next week, i'll post a report once I get a couple range trips in with it.

Saw an ad on a local forum today for a LNIB G19 complete with a LNIB AA kit for $650. Not the best deal in the world but very fair. Even though I have 3 G19s and a AA kit I half considered making him an offer before I realized it had already sold.

I know the OP has already made a decision, but in case anyone else is still looking at a .22 conversion purchase.

I have an AA kit for my Gen 3 G19 and it is great. It is accurate and runs fairly well with the remington bulk ammo. Its a training gun, and a stove pipe here or there does not really bother me. The big downside to this kit is it does not fit into the vast majority of my holsters.

The TacSol conversion seems like a much better piece of kit though. Its weight more accurately mimics the weight of a real Glock slide and the magazines seem nicer. I do not have extensive experience with it, but from what I've seen its very nice. Not nice enough for me to sell my AA kit and buy a TacSol kit, but nice.
    Evil requires the sanction of the victim. - Ayn Rand

User Tag List