Page 8 of 12 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast

Thread: The Keeper: New Favorite AIWB Holster

Quote Originally Posted by YVK View Post
    Dude, I thought I velcroed big wedges on my appendix rigs, but yours are

KINGS OF WEDGES

P.S. Mine are 1 inch thick and they compress a bit.
    That is how I mostly keep the gun from pointing at me.

Quote Originally Posted by Bobbj22 View Post
    How do those not create a semi rager appearance in jeans with that atomic wedge? Are they open cell foam?
    Got to wear loose enough pants I guess. Someone else tried my Keeper on and he had a serious rager appearance, but I think it was a combination of his pants being a little tighter maybe and his pants being high enough that the pad was a little higher on his 'low abdomen'* and that made it stick out more. On me they are at the bottom of my 'low abdomen'* so they don't stick out the same way. But that kind of personal body variation is why you can move the pads around, and why they come with a variety of pads. I'm sure most people use a much smaller pad than I do.

* 'low abdomen' = pubis/groin area lateral of the middle leg but not as lateral as the strong side leg.
    Technical excellence supports tactical preparedness
    Lord of the Food Court
    http://www.gabewhitetraining.com

I am wearing a Keeper right now; can't wait for the next two I have on order to arrive!
    Facts matter...Feelings Can Lie

Guys,

OrigamiAK's wedges are "Custom" the stock ones are not near that thick.. But this is a Great point on the design you can have it your way, thick or thin.

Thanks guys!!!!!
    Founder Of Keepers Concealment and Lead trainer. Affiliate of CCW Safe, Use discount code ( KC10off )Sign up here https://ccwsafe.com/ref/B65241653

Prdator,

Out of curiosity, what kind of wait times for holsters are your currently experiencing? I'm considering picking one up and have no problem waiting but just curious what kinda ETA I'd be looking at.

Thanks.

MD7305,

It will depend on what you order as I have to build them in "lots" I've kinda learned not to quote lead times as its not worked out so well. Just shoot me an email and Ill get you on the list!! You don't pay ANYTHING until the holster is done so your not out any $$
    Founder Of Keepers Concealment and Lead trainer. Affiliate of CCW Safe, Use discount code ( KC10off )Sign up here https://ccwsafe.com/ref/B65241653

Quick ? for Origami...

I understand ordering two holsters for the same gun to have a backup in case you break one holster, is there any reason you have 4 holster's for 4 guns all the same? I have placed my first order for a Keeper, and will most likely order one for my other carry gun but more than 2 for one gun would seem OverKILL, I concur you're the pimp tho so maybe that's it... (explains the singles)

Prdator, Looking forward to it.

KKJ- Out.

(NO kittens this time)

Quote Originally Posted by krazykiddjoe View Post
    I understand ordering two holsters for the same gun to have a backup in case you break one holster, is there any reason you have 4 holster's for 4 guns all the same? I have placed my first order for a Keeper, and will most likely order one for my other carry gun but more than 2 for one gun would seem OverKILL, I concur you're the pimp tho so maybe that's it... (explains the singles)

KKJ- Out.

(NO kittens this time)
    You've seen him draw? His stuff heats up from speed, his pants have been rumored to catch on fire once. He's forced to change Keepers in a middle of practice.

I've three appendix rigs for my P30. Any reason, concern for breakage, convenience of keeping one on each pair of pants especially with some belts, fear of discontinuation.

Quote Originally Posted by YVK View Post
    You've seen him draw? His stuff heats up from speed, his pants have been rumored to catch on fire once. He's forced to change Keepers in a middle of practice.

I've three appendix rigs for my P30. Any reason, concern for breakage, convenience of keeping one on each pair of pants especially with some belts, fear of discontinuation.
    I no doubt have subscribed to his YouTube channel to watch the sparks fly as he draws at maximum warp, that was kind of why I posed the question, I was curious if he in fact rotates thru them for wear or concern for breakage or if they were simply back-up's if his primary keeper failed. I understand that completely, I am all for the buy once/cry once of good quality gear. Buy 4 Times/Have heart attack... is another story. I only have two shaggy's (G17/P30L) and no backup holsters right now, another reason I decided to order a Keeper. I only get one day a week out of Uniform, as I work 6 days a week for now, so its not a huge issue for me at this point.

KKJ-Out.

Quote Originally Posted by krazykiddjoe View Post

KKJ- Out.

(NO kittens this time)
    It's just me - I buy crazy deep on gear that I have settled on as core essential gear. For me that is: 9mm Gen3 Glocks, specifically the G34 and G17, G17 magazines, 124gr + P Gold Dot, Blade-Tech Single Mag Pouches, and the Keepers Concealment Keeper.

If you put in the reps, any and all gear from the best manufacturers and makers is liable to break. By going deep, there's another rig/set standing by to take its place until the situation is rectified. I have dry fired a G17 and G34 to destruction, to give you an idea of the basis for my concern. The fact that Keepers Concealment is a small operation that suffers the same fate as all great AIWB holster makers - wait time - makes it that much more important to me that I have spares in reserve.

Having multiple copies of guns and Keepers also allows me to use one gun and Keeper as my dedicated practice/competition rig. That rig absorbs all the wear and tear from practice. I use a separate, identical gun and Keeper for carry (except the sights, though that isn't germane to this point and I have discussed the reason for that variation elsewhere.) It is broken in from minimal number of draws, usually just incidental to removing the carry gun from the holster periodically, and the gun is broken in and proofed with carry ammo, otherwise it is left alone. So when something inevitably breaks, it is most likely going to be in the lower-consequence context of practice or competition.

To a degree, that's also rationalization for hoarding possessions that I especially love.
    Technical excellence supports tactical preparedness
    Lord of the Food Court
    http://www.gabewhitetraining.com

Just wanted to do an update.

I know Email has been slow and holsters slower... But good news I have Amazing help working the Email and shipping My Girl Stacy!!! Also we are getting holsters out faster than ever now!!! Ive got a Great team in place!!!

A web site should be up and running soon.

Here is something for all the cool kids!!!! get one wile you can. http://teespring.com/keepersconcealm...newsfeed_visit

User Tag List