Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: The Keeper: New Favorite AIWB Holster

Just got mine yesterday evening and so far I love it.

It tucks nicely tight into the body for superb concealment in the same manner that the Shaggy does but the real trick comes from the foam wedges of different sizes that are sent along with the holster.

As we all know, the lower the holster rides, the more concealable it is but the tougher it gets to obtain a proper grip at the beginning of the draw. On the other hand, the higher it rides, the easier it is to obtain the proper grip but concealment can be compromised, especially if you have a gut that ain't flat (like me). The foam wedges have apparantly solved that problem for me. I have the Keeper at the "higher ride" setting but with the third largest wedge put at the rear bottom of the holster (forcing the gun back towards the gut), my Glocks (17 and 19) just disappear under a light polo shirt.

The kydex is molded tight for my Gen3 Glocks giving it better retention than my other rigs and frankly I like that. It is a tad slower at the draw right now but 1) I just have to practice more for this to smooth out and 2) I'm no competitor interested in pure speed so I'm not really bothered.

I'm wearing it near 2 o'clock which is generally my preferred position and it is in no way uncomfortable in any position one might find oneself in daily life; I even tried some kicks (just to prove that stupid video wrong; if I have to kick, I prefer low line ones) and again, no problems at all.

This an extremely ingenious design that is also extremely simple to make work for yourself.

Highly recommended!

Quote Originally Posted by OrigamiAK View Post
    Sure.

I'm 5'11" and 175lbs. I'm a little overweight right now - at 10% body fat I weigh about 150lbs.

I originally started carrying a G17 AIWB and it was totally comfortable. G34 is very slightly less comfortable, but it's really no hardship for me, so I do it. I can bend down, squat, touch the floor, tie my shoes, etc., with either the G17 or G34 AIWB without difficulty. The slimness of the Keeper is a boon. By being slim, I think it maximizes whatever level of comfort a person is going to have carrying AIWB, with whatever size gun they are using.

One nice thing about the longer barrel of the G34 AIWB is that it is less able to point at my junk than with a shorter barreled gun.
    Thanks for the info man, helps a lot as I have only been using a G19 for appendix carry. Holster looks very functional and I will be putting on one order soon.

Cheers,
    -DF

We are diminished
    I used (and wore) one all week at Rogers. I also wore it for the entire drive from Maryland to Georgia and I'm most of the way home with it still on my belt.

I've needed to shift it slightly one in a while in the car, but it's never been uncomfortable. Concealability, even at the higher the height, had been very good. The speed speaks for itself. Nicely done, dude...
    Last edited by ToddG; 05-13-2012 at 08:25 AM. Reason: "wore" not "wrote"

Thanks man!!!! And Congrats on taking High Shooter agin at Rodgers!!!!!!!!!
    Founder Of Keepers Concealment and Lead trainer. Affiliate of CCW Safe, Use discount code ( KC10off )Sign up here https://ccwsafe.com/ref/B65241653

I concur

I don't generally post on internet forums, just prefer to creep around, but I really like this holster and think Spencer deserves a bump.

I have carried my Keeper and the precusor to the Keeper for about a year. Prior to this I had no AIWB experience. I started out at Todd's AIWB workshop and AFHF with a loaner from Spencer for my G35. After that weekend I decided to never give it back - shot a 6.3 FAST. Sorry dude... I have now purchased a second Keeper for my G22 and love it.

They are great holsters and seeing the evolution of them has been great. I recently used it in ECQC and it worked like a champ there too. Spencer is a stand up guy and I would email him quick before the wait time is three years...

Site Supporter
    I concur re Spencer's holster. I shot a 5.26 (my personal best) with an early version of his holster.
    For me ( 6' 2'', 190 ish), My g34/35 sits about one inch higher in the Keepers than the Shaggy.

If you want one of these, order it now, we all know how this story ends. Spencer will have to close his list to stay caught up with all the business. The wait time is weeks, then months, then unobtanium.

Best of luck Spencer,

David

PS I got the upgrade materials in the mail. Thank you.

Thanks guy's!!!!!!!

Here is a video of the high lights of the OKC ECQC class were we had 8 or 9 "keeper" holsters running in it. Also on a side note once you have a good handle on your shooting skills get in a class like this!!!!
    http://vimeo.com/42048128
    Founder Of Keepers Concealment and Lead trainer. Affiliate of CCW Safe, Use discount code ( KC10off )Sign up here https://ccwsafe.com/ref/B65241653

Prdator,

You've got mail

I'm glad I got on the bandwagon early this time...

Quote Originally Posted by bdcheung View Post
    Prdator,

You've got mail
    Yep, after reading this thread for the last few days and monitoring the feedback from users, I too sent an email off yesterday inquiring about purchasing.

I'd never seen anybody actually use AIWB until I took AFHF 6 weeks ago. Just watching Todd use it, and reading up further on it after the class has piqued my interest and I'm going to give it a try and see how it goes.

User Tag List