Page 5 of 14 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: We now have a Space Force!?

Quote Originally Posted by Hambo View Post
    Now back to Space Force. All I want to know is what camo pattern will they use.
    https://www.amazon.com/SafetyShirtz-..._dp&th=1&psc=1

Rest assured it will involve bright colors and lots of integrated racing stripes. You know, for safety. On the battlefield our troops can be easily picked off identified as friendlies.
    Whether you think you can or you can't, you're probably right.

I would imagine that criminal investigations would be carried out by Section 31.

Revolvers Revolvers 1911s Stephanie B's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Hambo View Post
    Now back to Space Force. All I want to know is what camo pattern will they use.
    Either pale green or gray, depending on what is the prevalent skin tone of aliens.
    If we have to march off into the next world, let us walk there on the bodies of our enemies.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by txdpd View Post

Rest assured it will involve bright colors and lots of integrated racing stripes. You know, for safety. On the battlefield our troops can be easily picked off identified as friendlies.
    Yeah, because Space Force warriors are going to take a lot of incoming enemy sniper fire.
    Kinda like Hillary Clinton...

I’m sure they’ll get some cool Nomex flight suits to sit at their consoles and fly satellites. And leather jackets...

Don’t get me started... AF Space Command HQ building was next door to my building during a staff tour. That was when they came out with “Space Wings” for the Nametags on their flight suits and A-2 jackets.

Attachment 46195

We had fun with that...
    “TO INFINITY AND BEYOND!” (probably the “battle cry” of the new Space Force, too)
    Last edited by GyroF-16; 12-21-2019 at 07:42 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by ccmdfd View Post
    I was aware of the presence, and necessity of US Space Command before I posted this topic.

As to whether or not it's best to keep it as a branch of the USAF vs its own branch of the military, I'll leave that to others smarter than me. But I would like to see the arguments for and against laid out.

Guess it's just me and my remembrance of 1980s, but the name Space Force is just too comical for me. Should have left it as Space Command. Heck, I'd even tolerate Star Fleet better.

cc
    I am no expert, but if we take a historical look at our Military, why did we create any of the independent branches, why not just the US Armed Forces? Each had specific missions that were perhaps given less significance due to who was in command and the personal priority placed on the division. As a more simplified example let's consider the Air Force that was initially formed as a Division of the Army in the early 1900's.

The US Army command gave less attention and allocation of resources to the Army Air Command, yet we quickly learned that with technology increases that air superiority is an essential part of combat. This necessitated its own branch of service and its own command and budgets directed towards airpower that has led us to become the dominating airpower. Do we think that the Big Army Generals in 1907 could have foreseen or predicted where we are today, or where we were in the 1940s with air power? It was a logical and necessary progression to form the Air Force.

So this same example between the Air Force and Space Command and allocation of funds vs. the vision of the future of space would seem to be at the same crossroads. Now if some are correct we will all be dead in 11 or 12 years, so the Space Force is a waste of time. But if the nutjobs are wrong, it seems like a prudent decision to be the dominant power in space, it is the next battleground, and I am not talking about humans fighting in space but weapons technology in space is the frontier. Humans or robots fighting in space will follow.

There's a place for you. @Surf

There's nothing civil about this war.

Quote Originally Posted by blues View Post
    You'll never spot them in their "Night Sky Ether" uniform...(bare midriff optional)

Quote Originally Posted by txdpd View Post

That's one helluva uniform. Skinny space pants aren't for me, so they'll have to explore strange new worlds without old Hambo.
    "Gunfighting is a thinking man's game. So we might want to bring thinking back into it."-MDFA

Beware of my temper, and the dog that I've found...

Quote Originally Posted by Glenn E. Meyer View Post
    My daughter, a few years ago, dated a soldier who was in a ceremonial horse unit. He fell off in some accident and ruined his shoulder.
    The US Cavalry from the Punitive Expedition to the beginning of WW2 fascinates me. This is an excellent book about the end of that era.

https://www.amazon.com/U-S-Cavalry-T...al-text&sr=1-1
    "Gunfighting is a thinking man's game. So we might want to bring thinking back into it."-MDFA

Beware of my temper, and the dog that I've found...

@GyroF-16, @Triggerf16, @jetfire, @Timbonez

With love.

Name:  SpaceCoastGuard.jpg
Views: 237
Size:  55.7 KB
    "Are you ready? Okay. Let's roll."- Last words of Todd Beamer

User Tag List