Page 88 of 191 FirstFirst ... 3878868788899098138188 ... LastLast

Thread: The Semi-Unofficial Pistol-Forum Car geek, gearhead, hot rodder, and vehicle thread

Quote Originally Posted by TGS View Post
    Agreed, and their design team apparently making powertrain decisions after doing lines of coke off a hooker's ass just adds a certain panache to the car. I wouldn't buy a Challenger for the same reasons I bought my Porsche Cayman, but I would still buy a Challenger for Challenger reasons.

Mustang looks good and is objectively a better car.

Camaro looks like smashed moose pussy, but is objectively the best of the three.
    I had a 2012 Challenger R/T 6MT for a few years as my daily driver- it was just big enough (Big trunk, decent driver/passenger room, etc) that it was much more usable than the Mustang/Camaro. Along the lines of muscle cars vs pony cars of the 60s-70s. Qualitatively the Challenger is/was probably the worst of the 3, but more usable for my needs.
    Anything I post is my opinion alone as a private citizen.

anyone got access to Manheim and can run a VIN for me? 3C3HY55X08T129101
    looks like the vehicle in question was sold 7/24/2017, but I can't find any more info about that sale since i'm not a dealer.

TIA
    Rules to live by: 1. Eat meat, 2. Shoot guns, 3. Fire, 4. Gasoline, 5. Make juniors
    TDA: Learn it. Live it. Love it.... Read these: People Management Triggers 1, 2, 3
    If anyone sees a broken image of mine, please PM me.

Quote Originally Posted by TGS View Post
    Agreed, and their design team apparently making powertrain decisions after doing lines of coke off a hooker's ass just adds a certain panache to the car. I wouldn't buy a Challenger for the same reasons I bought my Porsche Cayman, but I would still buy a Challenger for Challenger reasons.

Mustang looks good and is objectively a better car.

Camaro looks like smashed moose pussy, but is objectively the best of the three.
    There's a meme for that somewhere...
    Rules to live by: 1. Eat meat, 2. Shoot guns, 3. Fire, 4. Gasoline, 5. Make juniors
    TDA: Learn it. Live it. Love it.... Read these: People Management Triggers 1, 2, 3

Not the meme I was looking for but...

I don't care if a divorce happens over it... if Chrysler makes this, I WILL buy one. (Pacifica Hellcat)

Glock Collective Assimile Suvorov's Avatar
    Escapee from the SF Bay Area now living on the Front Range of Colorado.
    Quote Originally Posted by TOTS View Post
    I know, right!! He just basically said “ She’s a little overweight for a Victoria’s Secret model”. I’ve driven one too, and the one thing that car doesn’t feel like is overweight. I’m thinking he’s confused and was really referring to anything based on the Chrysler 300 platform like the Chargers everyone seems to be in love with.
    I hope @OlongJohnson knows I was joking despite hearing words of disparagement towards a car that even made Clarkson moist. I very much envy both you and OlongJohnson as the "Good Folks" at Towne Ford in San Jose wouldn't even let me on the other side of the velvet rope they had around their showroom model (priced $30K over MSRP), despite their eagerness to sell me a 2006 Mustang GT convertible. Funny thing is at the time I could have made it (the GT) happen but I concluded it would have been a very foolish financial move for me at the time. Little did I know that the car would be close to 3 times its price today. I sunk that money into my home which given Bay Area real estate may have actually been a better investment, but it isn't as sexy or fun.

Regarding Dodge's latest generation of Muscle, I can't help but think they are really neat. I love the fact that they are an in your face and unapologetic 1960s muscle car using modern technology. They don't pretend to be anything they are not (like my beloved Mustang and the whiz bang glorified Edge that is usurping the Mustang name is trying to be). I remember we would get picked up for our Quebec City overnights by a car company that drove a Chrysler 300 and that was a real nice car as well.

Glock Collective Assimile Suvorov's Avatar
    Escapee from the SF Bay Area now living on the Front Range of Colorado.
    Quote Originally Posted by DpdG View Post
    I had a 2012 Challenger R/T 6MT for a few years as my daily driver- it was just big enough (Big trunk, decent driver/passenger room, etc) that it was much more usable than the Mustang/Camaro. Along the lines of muscle cars vs pony cars of the 60s-70s. Qualitatively the Challenger is/was probably the worst of the 3, but more usable for my needs.
    Jay Leno is a fan of the car for the same reasons. He often remarks that when he has to make a road trip his Hellcat is the one he does it in.

Modding this sack of shit BehindBlueI's's Avatar
    What about the Nissan (Datsun) Z-cars? That was a pretty hotly anticipated re-release as I recall, and they did pretty well at first.
    Sorta around sometimes for some of your shitty mod needs.

Quote Originally Posted by BehindBlueI's View Post
    What about the Nissan (Datsun) Z-cars? That was a pretty hotly anticipated re-release as I recall, and they did pretty well at first.
    I almost added them to my list. I just figured it was already getting a little long.

There’s a 2023 coming, supposedly.
    https://www.nissanusa.com/vehicles/f...-nissan-z.html

The “new z” was what… 2003-ish? That’s around the time that there was some pretty cool stuff showing up, or had recent.y shown up. I only really remember because I was relatively fresh out of grad school (2001) and was looking at WRX, BMW M3 (both of which, iirc, had finally arrived in the US un-neutered), WS6, and then was interested in the “new z” until I saw one in person.

ETA:
    not gonna lie, I don’t mind the look of the 2023, and 400hp ain’t bad, even today. And they claim there’s a manual, which should appeal to folks who can’t buy a manual if they want to in some cars.

Name:  B493A6FC-8BED-4264-862A-493E5BB52BE4.jpg
Views: 115
Size:  35.3 KB

Name:  28F4D945-E80E-4FEC-9C20-7AA3393C07D2.jpg
Views: 119
Size:  51.7 KB
    Does the above offend? If you have paid to be here, you can click here to put it in context.

Modding this sack of shit BehindBlueI's's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by DpdG View Post
    When I bought my Camaro, a buddy of mine had a Challenger. I test drove all the obvious competitors. Mustang, Challenger, Corvette. Ultimately, I think the Challenger was the best road trip vehicle, with the 5th Gen Camaro next. The 6th Gen Camaro downsized the passenger compartment a bit, it's tighter. I'm not sure on trunk volume. My Camaro has a small trunk opening but the trunk itself is pretty substantial. No issues at all getting two decent size suit cases and a carry on in, for example, or two large backpacks and a duffle bag. My 16 y/o son can get in the back seat without too much effort and as long as he sits behind his mom they both have enough leg room. The rear seats in the Mustang were vestigal.

The issue I had with the Challenger was it just wasn't as fun as the others on acceleration. The 5.7L Hemi just didn't motivate the weight the same way the LS3 or Coyote did to their respective cars. The Scat pack would have altered that equation, but was more money than I was willing to shell out at the time and the interior of the Camaro was much better to my eye and butt. I also really like the HUD you get with the Chevy offerings. I think I'd have been reasonably happy with any of them, but I think the earlier Camaro is the best blend of touring car and highway blaster.
    Sorta around sometimes for some of your shitty mod needs.

User Tag List