Thread: Blue Ridge Arsenal

Blue Ridge Arsenal

I've heard some folks don't like this range, but it's the only one I could find that's open tonight and somewhat close to Herndon. Plan to arrive around 7pm and work off some rust - I haven't fired a gun in over a month... :banghead:
    The answer, it seems to me, is wrath. The mind cannot foresee its own advance. --FA Hayek Specialization is for insects.

It's an ok range. NRA is way better though IMO. I do stop by blueridge semi frequently, when I need to squeeze in a quick range session and I don't have a whole lot of time before or after work, due to the fact that it's only about a mile from my house. I find though, that it's really only good for close pistol work. The range is advertised as being 25 yards on their website, but in reality it's clearly not. But like I said, I only go there when I'm pressed for time. When that's not the case, the NRA Range is a no-brainer.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk 2

Quote Originally Posted by cgcorrea View Post
    It's an ok range. NRA is way better though IMO.
    Agreed on all counts - I've been to both ranges before. But the NRA range closes at 5 today, and no way am I going to make it by then...
    The answer, it seems to me, is wrath. The mind cannot foresee its own advance. --FA Hayek Specialization is for insects.

Quote Originally Posted by mariodsantana View Post
    Agreed on all counts - I've been to both ranges before. But the NRA range closes at 5 today, and no way am I going to make it by then...

Gotcha. My bad. I thought this was gonna be your first time there. I wish i could join you man. Daddy duties preclude me from shooting tonight though. Are you shooting at the KSTG tomorrow?

Gotcha. My bad. I thought this was gonna be your first time there. I wish i could join you man. Daddy duties preclude me from shooting tonight though. Are you shooting at the KSTG tomorrow?
    Daddy duties rock. I'm only just leaving work - yours is a much better excuse. And yep, I'm hoping to warm up a bit before the match tomorrow. See you there, I guess?

I'm there usually every other Sunday am. Mainly because I haven't gotten around to taking the range test at NRA--and it seems like NRA is more likely to have a wait.

Absolutely. I'll be shooting the 7:00 time slot.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk 2

So, this was a decent rance trip. I was drawing from AIWB and doing reloads and nobody bothered me at all...?

Not that I'm complaining.

The range is advertised as being 25 yards on their website, but in reality it's clearly not.
    At Blue Ridge the pistol side (Bay 1) is 25 yards. Bay 2 was reduced to 67 feet in 2006 when they installed the heavier armor to handle rifle rounds. The best thing about the place is member hours and the fact that members can shoot for up to two hours.

Quote Originally Posted by JackBlundell View Post
    At Blue Ridge the pistol side (Bay 1) is 25 yards. Bay 2 was reduced to 67 feet in 2006 when they installed the heavier armor to handle rifle rounds.
    I see.

User Tag List