I don't know how often I will post to this thread but let's see how it goes.
Just back from a day and a half of working and shooting the S. Jersey IDPA classifier match. I had 5 goals in mind when I started the match.
1. Enjoy the great weather and the company of my good freinds @ SJIDPA: Check
2. Significantly Improve over last years scores in the 2 Divisions I shot last year: Check
3. Make Expert in the 3 divisions I was shooting this year:
Stock Service Revolver (SSR): Check
Stock Service Pistol (SSP): Check
Custom Defensive Pistol (CDP): While I saw a large improvment, Unfortunately wasn't to be, missed by 9.5 seconds. Drop the stupid 3 second procedural penalty on Stage 1/String 6 (miss counted the number of rounds and didn't go to slide lock for the reload after the first 3 shots OOOYYYYY). While I saw I big improvement on stage 3 it was late on day 2 and I was too tired to do my best. If I had shot my SSR stage three score (SSR 48.37 compared to the CDP 61.12) - Goal accomplished
4. Win the divisions, while being one of the most accurate shooters in each division I was competing in: SSR & CDP I'm thinking, we have to wait and see for SSP.
5. Not get sunburned to a crisp: Can you say Lobster.
Great time all in all!
So whats next.
Pick up the 9.5 Seconds I need to make Expert in CDP (this should be an easy one by shooting the classifier when I'm not tired and get my head out of you know where and drop the procedureal penalty); 11.17 Seconds needed for Master in SSR & 17 Seconds for Master in SSP by next years classifier at the latest.