Page 14 of 27 FirstFirst ... 4121314151624 ... LastLast

Thread: New S&W Shield?

Skyline,
    Could you describe the difference in the trigger pull and reset, between the full-size and the Shield?

My FS has a trigger job by Superior Arms (smoothed out and polished and apex ram) compairing the two is basicly the same with the shield having a slightly heavier pull (still gritty but not obnoxious) with a positive and more audible reset then the apex ram.
    The shield does feel to have a minutely shorter pull, but that can be just perception due to the shorter hinge point on the trigger (see pictures on previous page). I would say the break is more glass rod break like a glock not mushy at all. My sample of one FS does not have a mushy trigger, I will have a 9c with full apex kit and ram by Tues/wed and compare the three. Next Sat I'll be shooting with NickA so he can throw in his thoughts and shoot it against a gen3 g26.

My shield is still unfired, I'll be on the range Monday for a few hours and will post my thoughts.

Thanks Skyline. I just saw a video on youtube, showing the reset on the Shield and it looks fairly long.

Sometimes I wish I lived in a real state where it didn't take 100 years for new guns to get to the gun stores. No one around here has even had a PPQ on the shelves yet.
    "A good shooter with a weak body and weak mind will lose against one who has the physical ability to crush him, and the mental ability to do it repeatedly"
    -Kyle Defoor

These are NOT my pics. I stole them from another forum I frequent.

This is the Shield side by side with a G26.

Difference, to me, seems like it would feel pretty substantial.
    Think for yourself. Question authority.

It seems that that g26 was made as wide as possible though, and what's up with that base pad.
    Evil requires the sanction of the victim. - Ayn Rand

Quote Originally Posted by JConn View Post
    It seems that that g26 was made as wide as possible though, and what's up with that base pad.
    In the width pic the grip wrap was removed so it wouldn't give the perception of an even wider grip. I think that baseplate is one of those GAP baseplates. There are places on the Interweb that tell people they are a "must". I personally have never seen the benefit.

Ok fair enough. Thanks for answering.
    Evil requires the sanction of the victim. - Ayn Rand

Quote Originally Posted by JHC View Post
    I've seen a gigantic friend of mine disappear a Glock 29 into a pants pocket. But for most, a G26 is very hard to manage daily in pants pockets.
    I know a guy who carries a G26 in a back pocket all day long, he's got a pocket holster for it and it works super. I checked yesterday, a G26 fits into my back pocket as well, with tons of room to spare. It's not much thicker than the wallets that you see many men shoving in their back pockets either. My dad's wallet is usually filled with a few dozen receipts, a million credit cards, rewards cards, piles of loose change and cash, and scraps of paper to boot. I bet I'd be more comfortable sitting on a G26 or a P2000SK than he is on his wallet... and something like the shield would be even less of a nuisance.

J.Ja
    Owner/President of Titanium Crowbar, LLC

User Tag List