View Poll Results: Cordless battery powered tool of choice?

Voters
111. You may not vote on this poll
  • Milwaukee

47 42.34%
  • Ryobi

11 9.91%
  • Hilti

0 0%
  • DeWalt

38 34.23%
  • Rigid

3 2.70%
  • Bosch

5 4.50%
  • Harbor Freight

0 0%
  • Something else (name it)

7 6.31%
Page 22 of 24 FirstFirst ... 122021222324 LastLast

Thread: The great PF cordless tool debate

Site Supporter
    Rich, my go-to for Ryobi stuff is https://www.directtoolsoutlet.com/ . I've had good luck with their reconditioned stuff, and the blems feel like a no brainer.

You just missed their big Christmas sale, but they have an end of year sale going on now. I'm trying to talk myself out of buying more stuff.
    'Nobody ever called the fire department because they did something intelligent'

Has anyone tried the Milwaukee quick lok system for yard tools. Looking at the weedeater, edger combos. Won't be getting in to anything big or long. Just a city lawn.

Quote Originally Posted by JCS View Post
    Has anyone tried the Milwaukee quick lok system for yard tools. Looking at the weedeater, edger combos. Won't be getting in to anything big or long. Just a city lawn.
    I have one. Didn't get the edger attachment since I have a manual edger but the dozen or so times I've trimmed with it have been drama-free. Nothing mind blowing but it's quiet, no gas mixing, and I can knock out trimming and blowing the grass off the driveway with one battery. I'd planned on the pole saw or hedge trimmer attachment next but now you have me reconsidering the edger.

Quote Originally Posted by BobLoblaw View Post
    I have one. Didn't get the edger attachment since I have a manual edger but the dozen or so times I've trimmed with it have been drama-free. Nothing mind blowing but it's quiet, no gas mixing, and I can knock out trimming and blowing the grass off the driveway with one battery. I'd planned on the pole saw or hedge trimmer attachment next but now you have me reconsidering the edger.
    I’ll let you know. I’m gonna get one unless someone tells me it’s garbage.

I have a pole saw and hedge trimmer attachment. We have a lawn guy so I’m not doing routine maintenance, just trimming stuff that he can’t or won’t or I don’t want to wait for their next visit.

In any case, I’m happy with both. I got an extension pole for the system too and other than obviously making things a little unwieldy, it’s been handy to have.
    Does the above offend? If you have paid to be here, you can click here to put it in context.

I've got the edger/trimmer as well as the blower. No issues with it, works great and easy on the ears

Don't need it but going to get their mower next month when it comes out

The odds are good that it’s quality stuff.
    #RESIST

For those that had concerns or complaints around the M12 inflator…

Does the above offend? If you have paid to be here, you can click here to put it in context.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by rob_s View Post
    For those that had concerns or complaints around the M12 inflator…

I think it was good marketing on Milwaukee's part to introduce the M12 one earlier. It was a great concept, and I could probably be quoted earlier in this thread saying that the only reason I bought into the M12 system was to have the inflator. I'd imagine it introduced a lot more people to the M12 tools than just me; only I never bought anything else M12.....I'll probably even sell my M12 one as soon as I get an M18 on hand.

I have the 12V inflator. I've so far made it by on only 12V stuff. I think it works for what it is. I top off the tires on our cars every winter, kids use it for bicycles and balls. I use a bigger 4amp battery when I use it and it's OK.

It's a lot easier than dragging around an air compressor, and I like that my kids and wife will use it without me.

If you want something to fill your 1 ton truck's 85psi tires or your Caterpillar's tires like in that video...you might be asking a little much.

If the 18V would've been out at the time, I might've bought it, but I won't bother upgrading.

Some of what I like about the 12V stuff is the size. It's nicer working with that little 12V drill over your head than a big 18V drill, and they take up a lot less space. I find for most of this stuff it sits more than it gets used. I think I might rather spend an extra 5 minutes filling tires with the 12V once a year and not have to store the bigger 18V pump the rest of the year.

User Tag List