Thread: Glock Function Animation

Glock Function Animation

Stolen from reddit, this is one of the better firearms function illustrations I've come across.

http://www.genitron.com/Basics/Glock23/P2Glock.html

Fully animated and interactive, it walks you through the mechanical function of a Glock pistol with a fully explanation of what each of the parts does. Very accessible and well-done. Thought it might be of some interest to people here.

Thanks for posting this.. just sent a link to my younger brother, who bought his first pistol this week, a G17rtf.

that is a very well done animation.

this is a really good presentation.

BTW, I´m looking for a Glock manual what tells me the round counts for spring changing.
    Maybe someone can point me in the right direction.
    Thanks in advance
    Frank B
    "You are not paid for what you do, you are paid for what you may have to do, and when that time comes, you will be highly underpaid."

Thanks for posting that. Until now, I never knew exactly how the connector worked with the trigger. As it turns out, my preconceived notions were completely incorrect.

Quote Originally Posted by operator81 View Post
    Thanks for posting that. Until now, I never knew exactly how the connector worked with the trigger. As it turns out, my preconceived notions were completely incorrect.
    I think it really emphasizes just how incredibly simple and elegant the Glock design is. I'm not sure that it's possible to design a semi-automatic handgun that's as safe and reliable in a manner any less complex than what Glock arrived at. Absolutely beautiful engineering.

A classic
    If you want a vision of the future, imagine a boot stamping on a human face - forever. -George Orwell

one of my favorite things is how if you shoot from reset and the trigger spring breaks you will still be able to continue firing the gun. just dont let the trigger all the way out.

I hadn't seen genitron.com before. Lot's of other good info over there. They also have animations the 92fs and a S&W revolver actions. Thanks for sharing.

User Tag List