Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Homicide 3 blocks from my office...

Homicide 3 blocks from my office...

Around noon Thursday shots rang out on Kossuth and Maple Street, one man is dead as a result. The man’s mother and girlfriend were in the corner store, the victim in his car when another car pulled up and began firing. It is very early in the investigation, police have not released any names but we are told his street name is “Rah-Rah” . Police are investigating.

http://doingitlocal.com/2012/03/29/k...de-bridgeport/

My office is in such a cool location. NOT...

It's all about "location, location, location".
    For a criminal defense attorney sounds like you're in the perfect location.
    "For a moment he felt good about this. A moment or two later he felt bad about feeling good about it. Then he felt good about feeling bad about feeling good about it and, satisfied, drove on into the night."
    -- Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy --

Street name Rah-rah. Sounds like he may have made some not so nice friends mad.

Stay safe, sounds like trouble is just outside your door... literally.

Site Supporter
    I'd bet it was the infamous Sumdood.

Mitchell, clean up your PM's.

Site Supporter
    Or perhaps his cousin- FNU LNU (Fuh-new)(Luh-new).

Quote Originally Posted by Zhurdan View Post
    Street name Rah-rah. Sounds like he may have made some not so nice friends mad.

Stay safe, sounds like trouble is just outside your door... literally.
    That's not fair, maybe he was an innocent high school cheerleader

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I727 using Tapatalk
    Fairness leads to extinction much faster than harsh parameters.

Bridgeport Ct,
    A good town to stay out of....

Worst Cities In Connecticut based on violent crime ranking.
    Hartford, CT
    Bridgeport, CT

I spent many hours in the 1980's going to New Haven & Bridgeport Correctional Center doing transportation when I worked Corrections in Ct.
    Last edited by Robert Mitchum; 03-30-2012 at 01:09 AM.

My office is in a gentrified area and I'm about 3 blocks from a few dozen subsidized housing developments. There's always poop hitting the fan there. A month or so ago, the cops with the cool toys (I don't know if they actually call themselves SWAT) shut down a lot of streets and brought in there armored vehicles because someone heard shots fired and there was a reported hostage situation. It's so comforting to walk outside your office to see spotters on rooftops, guys with vietnam-era M16's wearing olive drab BDU's, and loudspeakers playing the same phrase over and over and over.

Apparently "Kossuth" Street in Bridgeport is the same type of neighborhood as Kossuth Street in New Haven.

BRIDGEPORT -- Hours after a 41-year-old man was gunned down stepping out of his car on Kossuth Street, police swarmed the city's East Side and arrested and charged one man with murder in connection with the brazen midday shooting.

Robert Moales, who was living in Ansonia and had returned to the city to make a court appearance, was shot 10 to 12 times as he climbed out of his mother's car. His mother and sister had gone inside a nearby corner store when the shooting happened.

Thursday night, police returned to the East Side and arrested Vincent "Fatal" Wilson. He was charged with murder and held on $1 million bond.

Capt. James Viadero said the investigation into the shooting is ongoing and police are searching for more suspects.

Witnesses said there may have been at least two gunmen.

Moales is the city's seventh homicide victim of 2012.

A childhood friend of Moales, who asked to be identified only as Anthony, said the victim, known as "Rah Rah," had not been around the city often in recent years.

Another East Side resident, who wouldn't give his name, said he saw the shooting. He said Moales was followed by the shooters from a court on Golden Hill Street to the corner of Kossuth and Maple streets, where the shooting occurred.

"You shoot once, and people start looking," he said. "You shoot that many times and someone is going to see you and turn you in."

Around 7 p.m., police, many armed in dark green body armor and driven to the area in armored trucks, returned to the area of East Main and Kossuth streets, this time looking for suspects in the shooting. Wilson was taken into custody after he ran out of a building and onto Maple Street.

An apartment above the El Flamboyan Restaurant was searched by heavily armed officers. Workers and patrons in the Puerto Rican restaurant were told to stay inside for nearly an hour as officers cleared the apartment building. An officer told those watching the raid they were searching for a "bad guy," who may have been inside the building after the first suspect was arrested. Police sources said a second arrest was not made.

Dozens of people stood on East Main Street and in the parking lot of the Compare Foods supermarket watching the police. Officers told some to move away from a fence along East Main Street that faces the restaurant, warning them they were in the line of fire if the possible suspect inside began shooting.

Moale's friend, Anthony, said Wilson, known in the neighborhood as "Fatal," is "always getting in trouble. I'm not surprised he might have done this." He said Wilson was currently on the run for violating his probation.

According to court records, Wilson served six months in prison on a possession of narcotics conviction in 2010, and more than two years in prison on conspiracy to commit first-degree robbery and conspiracy to commit first-degree assault convictions in 2004. After violating the terms of probation related all three of those convictions in October, his probation was extended another 18 months.

Officers began to clear the scene around the restaurant at 8:30 p.m. but planned to keep Maple Street between East Main Street and Beach Street closed until the early morning as they completed their investigation.

Earlier in the day, a large crowd gathered at the original crime scene, a block away from where the arrest would be made later that night, watching from porches and sidewalks as police secured the area.

The dead man's mother, wearing teal nursing scrubs, came to the scene as the police major crime van was arriving, along with state troopers and a tracking dog. She surveyed the scene and collapsed into her friend's arms.

"Oh, Jesus," the woman cried.

"Let us do our work; it's important that we get the people who did this," an officer said.

"That's my baby. I'm not going to leave him," a woman replied.

Moales body was still on the scene more than three hours after he was shot, and the victim's relatives struggled with police who tried to remove them.

Moales is a cousin of the Rev. Kenneth Moales Jr., a Board of Education member and pastor of the Cathedral of the Holy Spirit on the city's East End.

Kenneth Moales, the son of Bishop Kenneth Moales Sr., who died in 2010, said Thursday evening he hadn't seen Robert Moales in a while and did not know him well. But the spate of violence hitting Bridgeport reminded him of the late '80s and early '90s.

"We need jobs, jobs, jobs," he said. "Bad jobs and bad education creates a bad community, that's all it takes."

Among the people watching from behind the yellow crime scene tape was a woman who said her grandson was with 14-year-old Justin Thompson when Thompson was shot dead.

"That was gang-related, too," said the woman, who asked her name not be used. "The police know who did it. I'm just glad that my grandson is in jail right now, because he hangs around down here. At least I know he's safe."

Staff writers Tim Loh, John Burgeson and Daniel Tepfer contributed to this report.

http://www.ctpost.com/policereports/...ng-3444455.php

User Tag List