Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Anyone here used a Speed Beez speedloader for a centerfire revolver?

Anyone here used a Speed Beez speedloader for a 686 PLUS?

While searching for speedloaders for my wife's S&W 686 PLUS (her nightstand gun), the only speedloader I can find that is both available here in the US and doesn't require twisting a knob to release the rounds is this Speed Beez. It's hard to tell from my limited info on it, but it looks like the speedloader may use a spring to eject the rounds into the cylinder instead of relying on gravity. Anyone know if that's actually the case? Until a day or so ago, I had never even heard of them. Searching this forum returned nothing and searching Google returned no reviews. Anyone here have any reports on good or bad points with this speedloader or other Speed Beez speedloaders?

http://speed-beez.webstorepowered.co...&searchSize=12
    Last edited by oldtexan; 01-13-2015 at 09:34 AM.

Looks like you just volunteered to test them out.
    Quote Originally Posted by caleb View Post
    Oh man, that's right. I forgot that some people feel like they need light SA triggers in DA guns instead of just learning to shoot the gun better. You can get a Redhawk DA trigger pull down to 10 lbs, and if you can't manage that you suck and should probably just practice more.
    *RS Regulate Affiliate*

I have literally never heard of those until today. It's actually the lack of a good speedloader that's kept me off the 7 shot 686 guns.

News to me as well. But my suspicious nature...

See that lighter "line" around the circumference of the loader body? That looks like a coil spring... a'la Dade Machine Screw Company. IOW, the loader will probably work fine, and be very quick... but the slightest bump, jar, mis-handling, etc. will result in lost/dropped cartridges. And God help you if you drop the thing; they will go everywhere.

Again, just surmising here. But there are only so many ways to skin this particular cat, and most of them have been tried already. Dade loaders ruled PPC until the Jet Loader (and Safariland's Comp III copy) appeared, but very few savvy cops carried them on the street.

But by all means, throw yourself on that grenade and help your brothers here out... inquiring minds want to know!

If you can find them in stock the SL Variant models are tough to beat IMO. I have one for the 5 shot snub but they have 6 and 7 shot versions.

http://bobmacs.com/products/speedloaders

You can get them cut for moon clips.

Or, have a brother thats a tool and die maker and likes weird projects and will machine you out some copies of the Safariland Comp IIIs for your 7 shooter. A friend had such a brother. Kinda cool, all metal 7 shot Comp III's.

Quote Originally Posted by El Cid View Post
    If you can find them in stock the SL Variant models are tough to beat IMO. I have one for the 5 shot snub but they have 6 and 7 shot versions.

http://bobmacs.com/products/speedloaders
    Yeah, Bob Macs is completely out of SLs and has been for some time. No indication of when more might show up. I have found an online retailer in Germany and one in Australia that carry SLs. Unfortunately, both are out of the 7 rd L-frame version.

I have a S&W 43c. I used the Speed Beez 8-round .22 LR speedloaders for it. It is NOT a centerfire revolver.

Three range trips with a pair of the speedloaders, and no problems. I did drop one of them once, and the rounds did not come out. But, they were new.

All my other revolvers use Safariland speedloaders. Unfortunately, they do not make one for the 43c.

I've order 2 more, based on how the first two worked. If you wish, I can keep you apprised of how they work. I wished I could be of more help.

Quote Originally Posted by caleb View Post
    I have literally never heard of those until today.
    This. Very interesting. A quick eyeballing gives me the same concerns about dropped cartridges in EDC application that LSP972 notes. But history shows that none of this will stop me from trying one with my K-frames.

Quote Originally Posted by SeriousStudent View Post
    I have a S&W 43c. I used the Speed Beez 8-round .22 LR speedloaders for it. It is NOT a centerfire revolver.

Three range trips with a pair of the speedloaders, and no problems. I did drop one of them once, and the rounds did not come out. But, they were new.

All my other revolvers use Safariland speedloaders. Unfortunately, they do not make one for the 43c.

I've order 2 more, based on how the first two worked. If you wish, I can keep you apprised of how they work. I wished I could be of more help.
    Well, you can confirm if the cartridge rims are "held" by a coil spring, and "pushed" past it by the loading plunger. Are these two new ones going to be for centerfire?

Dunno, at 36 bucks a pop I would expect some revolutionary new system… but I cannot see such in the photo.

User Tag List