Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: N-frame carry sights.

Quote Originally Posted by Tamara View Post
    I have.

Broken one, I mean.

Rear sight blade on an M629 Mountain Gun against the door frame of a fire door. I've seen a few other busted ones.

More important than the breakage issue is the razor-sharp rear sight assembly. I've drawn blood off the inside of my delicate right wrist more times than I can count when OC'ing an adjustable-sight Smith wheelie...
    I too have seen broken S&W sight blades. From the windage screw breaking and the sight blade falling out, to the rear blade being bent over towards the front of the gun like someone had hammered on it. In all cases the personnel shooting the weapon and had NO idea that the rear blade was damaged/missing.
    Scott
    Only Hits Count - The Faster the Hit the more it Counts!!!!!!; DELIVER THE SHOT!
    Stephen Hillier - "An amateur practices until he can do it right, a professional practices until he can't do it wrong."

So what is the current thinking on Millett Sights? Looking for a set I can install with out a gunsmith.

So I did some Googling and it looks like Millett is out of the iron sight bizz.
    Last edited by rsa-otc; 04-15-2012 at 09:36 AM. Reason: Information found
    Scott
    Only Hits Count - The Faster the Hit the more it Counts!!!!!!; DELIVER THE SHOT!
    Stephen Hillier - "An amateur practices until he can do it right, a professional practices until he can't do it wrong."

User Tag List