Page 19 of 168 FirstFirst ... 917181920212969119 ... LastLast

Thread: The Sanford Florida incident....

If the reports that martin was on top of zimmerman beating him are true, perhaps due to confined space the gun did not have room to cycle. I'm trying to figure out how that would happen. That's the only way he fires a shot and still has a full mag.
    Evil requires the sanction of the victim. - Ayn Rand

In free-range, non-GMO, organic, fair trade Broad Ripple, IN
    Quote Originally Posted by Shenaniguns View Post
    Ayoob for some reason thinks he had a malfunction as the mag was full and didn't feed any rounds, maybe it was a fail to feed due to something contacting the slide?
    Huh.

I wonder what it would have looked like if Martin had decked the guy and started to turn away, figuring he'd taught the guy a lesson, and when Zimmerman landed on his butt with a bloody nose, he hauled out his Kel-Tec and said "FREEZE!" or "You shouldn't have done that!" or "Make my day!" so then Martin (who, remember, had no duty to retreat, either, depending on who laid hands on who first) grabbed for the gun and started pounding Zimmerman's head against the concrete in an attempt to not get shot. During the struggle, the gun goes off and hits Martin, but he's got his hand wrapped around the little pistol's slide, so it doesn't cycle...

If that's what had happened, I wonder what the evidence would look like?

Quote Originally Posted by Mitchell, Esq.
    Just think how simple this all would have been if the world was like people want it to be on most internet gun forums.

Sigh.
    Phhhttt! You only have to worry about press hysteria and crusading prosecutors if you live in antigun places like New Jersey! If you live in a pro-gun state like Florida, as long as it's a Clean Shoot©®™ you can just skip into the sunset on your way to being given the key to the city.
    Books. Bikes. Boomsticks.

I can explain it to you. I can’t understand it for you.

Quote Originally Posted by IRISH View Post
    Do you have a link to that or a copy? Sincere question.
    My bad, it was the incident report: http://www.sanfordfl.gov/investigati...l%20Report.pdf

I have seen it reported in several places that the magazine was full and that one shot was fired. That means there was either a malfunction or something prevented the slide from reciprocating. Zimmerman is in no ways as knowledgeable as the folks here to immediately tap & rack. He probably got up and stood there looking at Martin frozen in disbelief at what just happened.

Now as to why the slide failed to do it's normal thing. The following is speculation on my part based on reports to this point.

1. Gun malfunctioned, possible but unlikely.

2. Martin was reported straddling Zimmerman beating his head in the ground. It is possible that while straddling Zimmerman's waist either Martin felt the gun or the gun came into view and Martin went for it, Zimmerman got there before him and Martin had his hands around the gun preventing the slide from functioning while Zimmerman fired.

3. Zimmerman was getting his clock cleaned, Zimmerman went for the gun and Martin grabbed at it at and prevented the slide from functioning as Zimmerman fired.

2 & 3 would jive with Zimmerman's reported statement that Martin went for Zimmerman's gun.

4. Zimmerman was getting his clock cleaned drew and fired the gun. The close proximity of both bodies prevented the slide form fully functioning.

As far as one shot getting the job done. It happens. Not with any reliability but it happens.
    Scott
    Only Hits Count - The Faster the Hit the more it Counts!!!!!!; DELIVER THE SHOT!
    Stephen Hillier - "An amateur practices until he can do it right, a professional practices until he can't do it wrong."

Quote Originally Posted by Tamara View Post

Phhhttt! You only have to worry about press hysteria and crusading prosecutors if you live in antigun places like New Jersey! If you live in a pro-gun state like Florida, as long as it's a Clean Shoot©®™ you can just skip into the sunset on your way to being given the key to the city.
    Once upon a time when I still posted on defensivecarry.com, the topic was lawful use of force.

I chimed in, gave my $0.02 on the subject and was told by another poster, obviously more informed than I am on this issue, "Not in Florida!"

Yeah...

OK...

My bad, it was the incident report: http://www.sanfordfl.gov/investigati...l%20Report.pdf
    Is it possible the report was compiled using the numbers from Martins DL? A friend of mine had a drivers license in high school that said he weighed 300 pounds, when he weighed about 150. He did it as a joke, and to prove a point about the MVD being as inept a group of people as possible.
    Last edited by JDM; 03-27-2012 at 12:10 PM.
    Nobody is impressed by what you can't do. -THJ

Zimmerman was transported back to the station to be interviewed by an investigator, there are multiple wittinesses. On the face of it, It doesn't look like the police glossed this over to me. I would love to read the wittiness statements as well as a transcript of Zimmerman's interview. I am surprised that they didn't keep the gun as evidence as has been reported.
    Scott
    Only Hits Count - The Faster the Hit the more it Counts!!!!!!; DELIVER THE SHOT!
    Stephen Hillier - "An amateur practices until he can do it right, a professional practices until he can't do it wrong."

Quote Originally Posted by BOM View Post
    Is it possible that the report was using the numbers from Martins DL? A friend of mine had a drivers license in high school that said he weighed 300 pounds, when he weighed about 150. He did it as a joke, and to prove a point about the MVD being as inept a group of people as possible.
    Possible, but whoever filled out the form did not enter Martin's DL number, or other info from the DL. This would suggest that the DL was not present or not used for the form. It is also possible that such info was removed before putting it on the internet, but again, other information (such as addresses) is blacked out, whereas the DL# area is simply blank.

Hmm, the report also has Zimmerman classified as white.
    All the world's a lathe.

Quote Originally Posted by BOM View Post
    A friend of mine had a drivers license in high school that said he weighed 300 pounds, when he weighed about 150. He did it as a joke...
    I have looked at a LOT of driver's licenses. I can honestly say that, while I have seen lots of them where the "Height" field was obviously a little, um, fanciful, I have never seen a single solitary male's driver's license that listed his height as shorter than he actually was. I can't tell you how many times I've had a good look down onto the crown of a head that the piece of plastic in my hand attested should have been an inch above mine.

I have looked at a LOT of driver's licenses. I can honestly say that, while I have seen lots of them where the "Height" field was obviously a little, um, fanciful, I have never seen a single solitary male's driver's license that listed his height as shorter than he actually was. I can't tell you how many times I've had a good look down onto the crown of a head that the piece of plastic in my hand attested should have been an inch above mine.
    This happens a lot with students. For most of high school and college, my DL had my height as 5'-8" - my height when I got my learners permit at 15. By my freshman year of college, I was closing in on 6'0". DL was still the same.

-C
    -C

My blog: The Way of the Multigun

User Tag List