Page 164 of 168 FirstFirst ... 64114154162163164165166 ... LastLast
Results 1,631 to 1,640 of 1673

Thread: The Sanford Florida incident....

Quote Originally Posted by caleb View Post
    I totally concur. Whenever I see someone post "I take Krav Maga" somewhere, my first urge is to roll my eyes. Everyone I've personally encountered who was into Krav had a lot of the "no you're attacking me wrong" type of instruction. I recall vividly a woman who weighed maybe, maybe, 100 pounds telling me how her instructor was teaching her to do gun and knife disarms. I remember thinking "that's going to get you killed," but I didn't say anything at the time.
    I had a pretty much opposite experience. The school I went to was started by a guy who used to teach traditional Krotty, but was tired of seeing his advanced students get beat up when they were attacked. He was quickly joined by a SWAT guy from a pretty good sized county agency, and really switched on gal who helped them realized having a school that smelled like man ass all the time was limiting their potential.

It had holes, but I felt like it addressed the realities of violence pretty well. I've been in enough fights that my repeated attempts to join various traditional martial arts schools always wound up with me rolling my eyes and leaving.

THat hasn't been everyone's experience though, for sure. Krav was the hot thing for a while, so people were jumping on the band wagon. The guy who owned Fast Eddie's House of Kung Fu could be come a Krav franchise overnight for a low, low price.

Quote Originally Posted by Lester Polfus View Post
    ... [/B]and really switched on gal who helped them realized having a school that smelled like man ass all the time was limiting their potential...
    That is a feature, not a bug...

Quote Originally Posted by KeeFus View Post
    It's a pretty good interview and gives a great perspective.

Start listening at 16:30 to get to the GZ call.
    "Specialization is for insects." -Robert A. Heinlein

GZ's comments about media issues are pretty spot on.

Is GZ an attention whore or can he just not stay outta trouble or ???

http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/n...ault/21547875/

Quote Originally Posted by KeeFus View Post
    Is GZ an attention whore or can he just not stay outta trouble or ???

http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/n...ault/21547875/
    Either that or anyone who encounters him wants to goad him into something so they can get some perceived 15 minutes of fame or some such lunacy?
    Fairness leads to extinction much faster than harsh parameters.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by BaiHu View Post
    Either that or anyone who encounters him wants to goad him into something so they can get some perceived 15 minutes of fame or some such lunacy?
    Based on zero facts.... I'm going with this... for now.
    "No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms." - Thomas Jefferson, Virginia Constitution, Draft 1, 1776

Isn't this his third DV allegation since the trial? To me, that sounds like a where-there's-smoke-there's-probably-fire kind of thing.

User Tag List