Page 7 of 168 FirstFirst ... 567891757107 ... LastLast

Thread: The Sanford Florida incident....

At this stage it's unlikely that we'll ever know what happened. It's too big, too public. Eyewitness testimony is notoriously unreliable even in simple cases, and this kind of pressure just makes it worse.

Details suggesting that Zimmerman was on his back getting pounded do not, by themselves, justify the use of lethal force in self-defense. What were the events leading up to that point?

I hate to say it but some of the articles posted here are some of the more biased reports with "witnesses" adding their opinion to what they "heard". Only one witness so far saw them engaged physically and actually saw Trayvon on top of Zimmerman while Zimmerman was yelling for help which I posted above.

Quote Originally Posted by IRISH View Post
    The whole thing's rather entertaining to see how upset people are getting. Personally I'm more worried about our economy, oil prices and what's happening in the M.E. and think this serves as a good racially fueled incident to get the downtrodden to vote for O in the upcoming election. A little bit of race based hate solidarity goes a long way.
    I agree that there are more important individual things, but you just pointed out why this is an important political event with your last sentence. If this incident does not go well, it may not go well for our country as well.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I727 using Tapatalk
    Fairness leads to extinction much faster than harsh parameters.

Quote Originally Posted by BaiHu View Post
    I agree that there are more important individual things, but you just pointed out why this is an important political event with your last sentence. If this incident does not go well, it may not go well for our country as well.
    Very true. With the amount of protesting I saw on TV yesterday there's the potential for another Rodney King type of incident. That'd be really interesting.

Quote Originally Posted by IRISH View Post
    Very true. With the amount of protesting I saw on TV yesterday there's the potential for another Rodney King type of incident. That'd be really interesting.
    Ugh! Don't say that...how do we stop that again? Say beetlejuice 3 times real fast?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I727 using Tapatalk
    Fairness leads to extinction much faster than harsh parameters.

In another Florida case...

"A Miami judge dismissed a second-degree murder case, citing the Stand Your Ground law and ruling that 25-year-old Greyston Garcia's testimony about self-defense was credible. The Miami Herald reported that Garcia was charged after chasing down and stabbing to death a 26-year-old suspected burglar in January."

In free-range, non-GMO, organic, fair trade Broad Ripple, IN
    Quote Originally Posted by JRL View Post
    "A Miami judge dismissed a second-degree murder case, citing the Stand Your Ground law and ruling that 25-year-old Greyston Garcia's testimony about self-defense was credible. The Miami Herald reported that Garcia was charged after chasing down and stabbing to death a 26-year-old suspected burglar in January."
    What media bias?
    Books. Bikes. Boomsticks.

I can explain it to you. I can’t understand it for you.

Quote Originally Posted by JRL View Post
    In another Florida case...

Idiot judge makes idiot judgment.

Did the state appeal the dismissal?

Quote Originally Posted by bdcheung View Post
    Idiot judge makes idiot judgment.

Did the state appeal the dismissal?
    You took that report as fact?

Quote Originally Posted by Shenaniguns View Post
    You took that report as fact?
    The Judge took the report as fact. I took the judgment as fact. I'm not the one who made the judgment.

User Tag List