Page 29 of 168 FirstFirst ... 1927282930313979129 ... LastLast

Thread: The Sanford Florida incident....

Quote Originally Posted by Madnik View Post
    Sheesh, people are scrutinizing this video more than the Zapruder film.
    twitter.com/ddbaxte

Quote Originally Posted by G60 View Post
    Sheesh, people are scrutinizing this video more than the Zapruder film.
    Here's footage that is non-grainy and also shows a lot of other interesting info like a time line with a map. http://www.wagist.com/

http://www.breitbart.com/Breitbart-TV?id={F85B2E66-5AD0-4ECA-B114-FACBEAEF4917}&title=Toure-To-Piers-Morgan-You-Dont-Understand-Black-Humor-America-Or-Seriousness-Of-Zimmerman-Case

http://articles.orlandosentinel.com/...-legal-defense

Scoot over, Tamara, I'll join you in the radio flyer.

I suspect that the whole 2nd amendment issue is going to become overshadowed by the incidents of civil unrest when students of history look back at this time.

Quote Originally Posted by David Armstrong View Post
    Exactly. Way too many folks on both sides trying to make this into something it isn't. Over-enthusiastic neighborhood watch guy acted rather dumb, and now there is a rather messy situation that could have been and should have been easily avoided.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tamara View Post
    If Zimmerman had stayed in his truck, he wouldn't have needed a witness and nobody would have needed to be prescient. Just sayin'.
    Quote Originally Posted by ed l View Post
    In looking over a variety of questionable civilian shootings, a common element I've noticed is that the shooter left the safety of his house or car to confront someone who was not a direct threat to the shooter or to anyone else's safety. Add to this pulling over in your car to have a 'discussion ' with someone who you had a vehicular misunderstanding with (read road rage).

Wow. It seems that David Armstrong, Tamara, & I agree on something. This is strong evidence that predictions of the world ending in 2012 may be coming to fruition.

Regardless of Zimmerman's poor decisions, I am growing increasing pissed at the lamestream media's handling of this event. For instance, "The Today Show" purposely omitted portions of the 911 call in a rather obvious attempt to paint Zimmerman as a racist. CNN doesn't seem able to include eyewitness accounts of the event that may not support the views held by the professional victims like Jackson or Sharpton.

Anything to get The One re-elected it appears.
    In a sort of ghastly simplicity we remove the organ and demand the function. We make men without chests and expect of them virtue and enterprise. We laugh at honour and are shocked to find traitors in our midst. We castrate and bid the geldings be fruitful.” ― C.S. Lewis, The Abolition of Man

Quote Originally Posted by NETim View Post
    Regardless of Zimmerman's poor decisions, I am growing increasing pissed at the lamestream media's handling of this event. For instance, "The Today Show" purposely omitted portions of the 911 call in a rather obvious attempt to paint Zimmerman as a racist. CNN doesn't seem able to include eyewitness accounts of the event that may not support the views held by the professional victims like Jackson or Sharpton.

Check out the first link four posts above yours. It is refreshing.

Site Supporter
    We may never know exactly what happened in that incident

HOWEVER, what is clear is that George Zimmerman was incorrect from the beginning. In August of this year, I will have been a police firearms instructor for 30 years. We train police officers, who are actually sworn and have the legal right to be armed off duty and make arrests, to do the following when observing some crime or potential crime off duty: OBSERVE AND REPORT. Don't follow anybody. Don't confront anybody UNLESS you are acting directly to protect somebody's personal safety. Get on your cell phone and call the ON DUTY UNIFORMED cops to come and investigate whatever situation you are observing. BE A GOOD WITNESS.

That's what ANYONE should do in a similar situation. That's what George Zimmerman should've done.

Believe me, the on-duty police don't WANT the assistance of some clown who gets in the way and complicates the situation. OBSERVE and REPORT and let the cops do their job.

The police dispatcher told him to back off and let the cops handle it. That was correct. Somebody in a previous post said "well that was a dispatcher. that wasn't a legal order from a police officer." That is immaterial. When somebody who knows more than you do tells you to do something, that's what you should do. Under all circumstances. All the time. In every aspect of your life. Always. That's what smart people do. That's why the smart people have less chaos and drama in their life . . .

It's incidents like this that turn the well meaning but undecided members of the population into anti-gun weirdos.

As a private citizen it is NOT your job to "take care of it myself" or "handle it my own way". The same thing is true for an off duty cop, and in most situations, or an on-duty cop in plainclothes. You don't carry a gun to be James Bond or Dirty Harry. You carry a gun to protect you and yours while you get on the cell phone and call for help from the police, or the fire department, or the ambulance service, or whatever . . .

Quote Originally Posted by Jeff22 View Post
    We may never know exactly what happened in that incident

HOWEVER, what is clear is that George Zimmerman was incorrect from the beginning. In August of this year, I will have been a police firearms instructor for 30 years. We train police officers, who are actually sworn and have the legal right to be armed off duty and make arrests, to do the following when observing some crime or potential crime off duty: OBSERVE AND REPORT. Don't follow anybody. Don't confront anybody UNLESS you are acting directly to protect somebody's personal safety. Get on your cell phone and call the ON DUTY UNIFORMED cops to come and investigate whatever situation you are observing. BE A GOOD WITNESS.

That's what ANYONE should do in a similar situation. That's what George Zimmerman should've done.

Believe me, the on-duty police don't WANT the assistance of some clown who gets in the way and complicates the situation. OBSERVE and REPORT and let the cops do their job.

The police dispatcher told him to back off and let the cops handle it. That was correct. Somebody in a previous post said "well that was a dispatcher. that wasn't a legal order from a police officer." That is immaterial. When somebody who knows more than you do tells you to do something, that's what you should do. Under all circumstances. All the time. In every aspect of your life. Always. That's what smart people do. That's why the smart people have less chaos and drama in their life . . .

It's incidents like this that turn the well meaning but undecided members of the population into anti-gun weirdos.

As a private citizen it is NOT your job to "take care of it myself" or "handle it my own way". The same thing is true for an off duty cop, and in most situations, or an on-duty cop in plainclothes. You don't carry a gun to be James Bond or Dirty Harry. You carry a gun to protect you and yours while you get on the cell phone and call for help from the police, or the fire department, or the ambulance service, or whatever . . .
    Excellent Jeff. Thanks. Bolded for emphasis.
    “Remember, being healthy is basically just dying as slowly as possible,” Ricky Gervais

Quote Originally Posted by NETim View Post

In fairness to CNN, they are the only network, AFAIK, that has had people on there that correctly point out Zimmerman was arrested and that a prosecutor rejected the charges. Rather different than "the police didn't do anything, he wasn't even arrested" mantra coming from so many.
    "PLAN FOR YOUR TRAINING TO BE A REFLECTION OF REAL LIFE INSTEAD OF HOPING THAT REAL LIFE WILL BE A REFLECTION OF YOUR TRAINING!"

User Tag List