Page 70 of 122 FirstFirst ... 2060686970717280120 ... LastLast

Thread: JM Custom Kydex AIWB holster review

Tony takes customer service to a new level!!

--
    d(-.-)b
    "A man's character is his fate."

Had my JM AIWB camping this past weekend. Friends keep texting me asking questions about my AIWB holster. You don't "get" the difference a quality AIWB holster makes until you see it side by side with what you were using. Looks like kydex to me until you actually look at the features and see them work. G19 and spare mag both AIWB under a medium t-shirt last night at dinner. I'm 6'-0" 175ish. Totally doable.

Quote Originally Posted by Adam View Post
    Had my JM AIWB camping this past weekend. Friends keep texting me asking questions about my AIWB holster. You don't "get" the difference a quality AIWB holster makes until you see it side by side with what you were using. Looks like kydex to me until you actually look at the features and see them work. G19 and spare mag both AIWB under a medium t-shirt last night at dinner. I'm 6'-0" 175ish. Totally doable.
    Cool. Are you using the standard AIWB or the George?

Started the waiting period after placing my order several days ago. Tony was extremely helpful via phone call and email in helping me make the proper selection of options for my holster.

JM Custom Kydex AIWB holster review

Just got settled after getting home from ECQC in Culpeper, VA.

The JMC AIWB clip was used for the entire class. The clip never came off nor was it ever found dislodged in any way. Rock solid. I have complete confidence in it. It is really secure on my Ares Aegis standard weight belt. Tightly snaps on over the belts bottom edge but is reasonably easy to purposefully remove.

JMS tried it on his Ares enhanced (extra thick) and it would NOT attach on the bottom. It was just a hair too thick. Just an FYI...

The Class - ECQC

I can't avoid plugging this class. It was absolutely awesome. It was my first gun/defense class of any kind and I couldn't be more satisfied with the experience. Enlightening, humbling, entertaining and addicting.

I WILL take it again when he offers it.

There are plenty of AARs out there for Craig's ECQC so I won't waste your time with another. I will just say this - It's all true.

Take the class.

Best
    Harold

Quote Originally Posted by punkey71 View Post
    I'm taking ECQC in a few weeks - April 24-26.

I will have my G19L in a JM AIWB. It will have the clip on it. I also have the split loop in my bag just in case.

I think this will be the best and safest way to check its retention/durability.

I will let you know how it works out.

Best
    Harold

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Last edited by punkey71; 04-26-2015 at 08:22 PM.

RE: fitment with Aegis-E...

If that's the belt one wears, it's a simple matter of mentioning it at the time of order. Just received one of Tony's AIWB mag pouches with that clip as the attachment this week; noted the Aegis-E as the thickest belt I wear (I also use a Daltech Force biothane belt and a Volund G-hook belt).

Fits great. Crazy-secure. I need to nab a IWB V3 with one of those clips for my Shield.

As noted previously, I started out using AIWB carry nearly 30 years ago and have gone through a LOT of holsters. I currently primarily use the superb JM Custom AIWB holster with extra tuck and solid belt loop to carry a 9 mm Glock or M&P AIWB each day, including bicycling to and from work. Whenever possible, I prefer to have a light on my pistol; so far the inability to easily have a light on my pistol has been one of the drawbacks to AIWB carry. Fortunately Tony Mayer at JM Custom solved that problem when he fabricated an AIWB holster that allows me to carry a G19 with x300U light installed. The draw is just as quick as with my standard JM custom AIWB. Last week I had to drive several hours to an all day meeting and then several more hours back home, all while wearing suit and was perfectly comfortable wearing my new JM Custom AIWB holster.

Last edited by DocGKR; 04-28-2015 at 01:24 AM.
    Facts matter...Feelings Can Lie

Doc, can you snap a pic of it while your wearing it? I kind of wsnt to try this with an apl..

That holster looks awesome!

G19 x300U in JM Custom AIWB holster under suit.
    Name:  G19 x300U JM AIWB.jpg
Views: 1209
Size:  30.3 KB
    Facts matter...Feelings Can Lie

User Tag List