Page 67 of 122 FirstFirst ... 1757656667686977117 ... LastLast

Thread: JM Custom Kydex AIWB holster review

BT, I have a 32" waist as well. Here's a comparison of JMCK G17, and a G19 with "minimal wedge". With a G19, I found that I didn't need the wedge to tuck the grip in. As well, the G17 size wedge printed more around the beltline. My JMCKs now all have minimal wedge, and that works very well for me.

“There is no growth in the comfort zone.”--Jocko Willink
    "You can never have too many knives." --Joe Ambercrombie

Ive used Tony's AIWBs with G17s and G19s in 17 and 19 length holsters.

The sweet spot for me has been a G17 chopped to G19 length in a G17 holster with a G19 wedge, extra tuck, mid sweat shield with his new 1.5" clip. I've used the split loop with great success but the ability to don/doff the holster with the clip s a great touch. The clip is VERY secure. I had my doubts before I received it but it snaps on the belt very securely. I can't imagine it being accidentally popped off. Unless you firmly pull the bottom of the clip off the belt in a specific direction with a good amount of force, it's not coming off.

I was keeping the split loop for competition/classes thinking I would want/need the added security but I will use the clip in an upcoming ECQC class's without hesitation. It's that secure to me.

Just something to consider.

ETA - 6', 200#s in a 34/36 waist.

Best
    Harold

Quote Originally Posted by Beat Trash View Post
    Question for you guys about the wedge. Sorry to sound like a simpleton.

I'm about 5'11" 190 with a 32" waist. After about 28 years if carrying, I'm finally considering AWIB. I've used Tony's holsters for a few years, to the point he is my go-to guy for his OWB holsters. So to go to him for my first AWIB holster is a no-brainer...

I carry a Glock 19 off duty. I have read that I should consider going with the Glock 17 holster for extra stability. Is the extra length of the holster more of an issue when sitting than a Glock 19 length holster would be? I want standard ride, mid sweat guard, extra tuck and the split belt loops. But the main question I have is about the "Glock 19 wedge" What is that? I do not see any options on the ordering page about a wedge.

Could someone please elaborate what a Glock 19 wedge on a Glock 17 holster is? And with my body style, do I need/want this?

Quote Originally Posted by Beat Trash View Post
    Question for you guys about the wedge. Sorry to sound like a simpleton.

I'm about 5'11" 190 with a 32" waist. After about 28 years if carrying, I'm finally considering AWIB. I've used Tony's holsters for a few years, to the point he is my go-to guy for his OWB holsters. So to go to him for my first AWIB holster is a no-brainer...

I carry a Glock 19 off duty. I have read that I should consider going with the Glock 17 holster for extra stability. Is the extra length of the holster more of an issue when sitting than a Glock 19 length holster would be? I want standard ride, mid sweat guard, extra tuck and the split belt loops. But the main question I have is about the "Glock 19 wedge" What is that? I do not see any options on the ordering page about a wedge.

Could someone please elaborate what a Glock 19 wedge on a Glock 17 holster is? And with my body style, do I need/want this?
    I would say yes. You're pretty close to my size and that's my set-up. When ordering Tony suggested I go that route simply because it doesn't add as much width to the holster. Apparently he uses a bigger (thicker) wedge for a pistol with a longer grip. If you're not carrying a G17 save the added bulge and go with the G19 wedge.

G17 Len, G19 Wedge, Extra-Tuck, Split Loop.

Thanks all for the replies.

I'll be placing an order tomorrow.

And now the wait begins....

Has anyone here NOT been happy with the kydex split loops? I've had the soft loops, clip and full kydex loop and am thinking of giving it a try.
    Quote Originally Posted by caleb View Post
    "You have to go faster to get faster and wasted motion is dumb."

I've tried everything but the clip, and like the kydex split loops the best. I'm going to have to order another one for my latest JMCK because the fixed soft loops just aren't working for me.
    “There is no growth in the comfort zone.”--Jocko Willink
    "You can never have too many knives." --Joe Ambercrombie

We are diminished
    I've never used anything but the split kydex loop. I like it on the eight or so JMCK holsters I have so far...

Site Supporter
    I also prefer the split loop.

I think the fixed soft loops are the most comfortable but the grip tuck isn't nearly as effective compared to the split kydex loop.
    Bob Loblaw lobs law bombs

I like the split kydex as well as it offers the most options in positioning along the waist line. Different jeans have different loop patterns and the split loop lets to straddle or bypass as needed. I have also been using the clip lately as I need to be able to easily remove the holster in a few locations. Not possible with the Kydex loops. FOR ME the clip seems to be more stable than the soft loops.

User Tag List