Page 42 of 122 FirstFirst ... 3240414243445292 ... LastLast

Thread: JM Custom Kydex AIWB holster review

Seriously? Granted this is only my third custom holster, but I figured 2-4 weeks is the norm. My two other holsters are both Crossbreeds with horsehide and I ordered those during the holidays and still got them within a month. But I'm hearing JMCK is worth the wait so I guess we'll see.

Quote Originally Posted by Jay23 View Post
    Seriously? Granted this is only my third custom holster, but I figured 2-4 weeks is the norm. My two other holsters are both Crossbreeds with horsehide and I ordered those during the holidays and still got them within a month. But I'm hearing JMCK is worth the wait so I guess we'll see.
    No offense, crossbreed is not on par with most custom makers. Yes I have owned one.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Tapatalk
    AKA: SkyLine1

A Crossbreed is mass produced and are not custom built to your specifications like the JM. I think you'll be pleasantly surprised.

You must be new to the firearms industry, or at least the custom side of things.

None taken. The wait just seems somewhat long. However if the wait is any indication of the quality of the work then the holster should be good to go. Not new to the firearms industry just new to appendix carry and have never used anything but crossbreed or kydex from a local shop. Thanks for the input though. Does anyone have pics of the difference in thickness between the pull the dot and the kydex loop on a JMCK AIWB? I went with the 17 length with the 19 size wedge and the ET for my G19 Gen 4 FDE base off of what I've read here. I did order the Pull the dot soft loops because I have to take it off once or twice throughout the day. I just wanted to see if there is a big difference in ease of concealment.

Haha. I waited 29 weeks for a custom leather holster. It holds the holster record for me in: 1) longest wait 2) most I ever paid and 3) shortest length of time I ever kept a holster. After all that it really wasn't that awesome or concealable.

Tony's wait is long (not really even that long) because it is worth it. If it makes you feel better, my knifemaker buddy's wait was right at 4 years before he stopped taking new wait list orders. Raven Concealment's orders were longer than Tony's and they are a sliiiightly larger operation than JMCK.

And as mentioned, Crossbreed is knocking out holsters all day for the guns they offer.

None taken. The wait just seems somewhat long. However if the wait is any indication of the quality of the work then the holster should be good to go. Not new to the firearms industry just new to appendix carry and have never used anything but crossbreed or kydex from a local shop. Thanks for the input though. Does anyone have pics of the difference in thickness between the pull the dot and the kydex loop on a JMCK AIWB? I went with the 17 length with the 19 size wedge and the ET for my G19 Gen 4 FDE base off of what I've read here. I did order the Pull the dot soft loops because I have to take it off once or twice throughout the day. I just wanted to see if there is a big difference in ease of concealment.
    The loops might print depending on what shirt you have. I do have a spare split 1.5" standard height kydex loop I can sell you if need be when your holster arrives if you don't like the split loops. It's not going anywhere...

Thanks for the offer. I will keep that in mind. It's looking like I should have my holster the first week of June.

Tony, hopefully you are paying justcor commission on your sales since this thread prompted me to order a holster from you. Love all the things you offer for these AIWB holsters and it seems to be very well thought out. Looking forward to getting hands on experience with the holster and giving AIWB a shot.

jakemd98 , that's awesome , thanks for the business.

User Tag List