Page 38 of 122 FirstFirst ... 2836373839404888 ... LastLast

Thread: JM Custom Kydex AIWB holster review

Sorry if this question had been answered already but I tried to go through a few hundred posts and didn't see the info I needed. If you needed to switch from aiwb to 330 or 4oclock carry could you do it with this holster? Thanks in advance!

Quote Originally Posted by chiral View Post
    Sorry if this question had been answered already but I tried to go through a few hundred posts and didn't see the info I needed. If you needed to switch from aiwb to 330 or 4oclock carry could you do it with this holster? Thanks in advance!
    I'm too fat for Appendix Carry and I wear this holster at 2:30-3:00.

I just received my JM custom after a long wait, for my G17 4GEN, I orderd it with integral loop, and I wear it with a 1,50 soft leather belt. As now, unfortunately my JM custom is uncomfortable to carry, the rear wedge digs in my pelvic area, and is not enough to tilt the gun toward my torso, so the rear sight area print like crazy under a semi-tight sweatshirt, also, it seems that the front wedge tilt the weapon OUTWARD, the rear of the slide really stick out, carry comfort is much, much less than say my comptac two o clock, or a spencer keepers, quality of the holster is superb, however, but I'm desperately trying to make it wearable for me.. I wear it at 1,30 o clock on my waist.

Side it closer to centerline and then in small increments back out towards 1:30. I've noticed through many holsters that each has a very manageable sweet spot individual to it's self.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I537 using Tapatalk
    AKA: SkyLine1

I will try, thanks! As now, it sticks out really, prints badly..

Offset your belt buckle to 11:00 and place the holster at 12-12:15. You will see the sights run more parallel to your body with the grip still tucked in.

Quote Originally Posted by WARDOG68 View Post
    I will try, thanks! As now, it sticks out really, prints badly..
    Is that with the "extra tuck" or the standard?

Quote Originally Posted by DocGKR View Post
    Just ordered some more of your holsters last night...love the .093 Kydex.
    I know it's subjective, but, how much of a difference does it make going from the .080 to the .093? Even noticeable?

Just reread your post wardog...soft leather belt most likely is a major issue also. Too much flex in the belt will have that exact effect. The soft belt fights the holster design.

Thanks for the info guys! I will try a stiffer belt! Holster is extra tuck, it's strange because I ordered it together with a friend, and his doesn't print so much, I will ask what belt he use.
    Last edited by WARDOG68; 03-12-2014 at 01:05 PM. Reason: adding info

User Tag List