Page 27 of 122 FirstFirst ... 1725262728293777 ... LastLast

Thread: JM Custom Kydex AIWB holster review

Does anyone know the current wait time for these holsters?

Quote Originally Posted by Bob45 View Post
    Does anyone know the current wait time for these holsters?

On top of their website, 4-5 weeks... http://www.jmcustomkydex.com/

So - more of a testimonial than anything.

This is actually my second holster by JM Custom. My EDC at home is a JMCK, extra tuck, standard ride height for a M&P 9c, full size holster.

But, earlier this year I found out I would be headed over here to the sandbox and wanted to see how it would hold up for carrying a M9 (92F) all day, every day. I was skeptical given the weight difference in pistols. I decide to be different, I would order a model with belt loops and no extra tuck (no real need to conceal), but given my standard draw and my thoughts that consistency counts especially while deployed.

Let's just say I'm now a believer that I can carry a full size, all steel service pistol AIWB. Now, could I do it in street clothes as oppoed to Multi-cam...I'm not sure. But, most of my day is without kit, behind a damn computer and it's all day comfie.

I keep things consistent in kit by having a kydex holster zip tied to my PC in about the same area so things have worked out well. That is, except for the fact that I was seriously out of practice with a DA/SA pistol and my first few trips to the range were less than stellar - But, that has nothing to do with this amazing holster.

I'll hopefully have a SME and a Shaggy waiting at home. So, I'll post somewhere in the future how I compare the three for the M&P. You can't go wrong with this holster, any of the other recommeded ones...But JM custom has the fasted turn around.

imp1295 , thanks for the testimonial and the business.

Tony,

Would you be able to make a AIWB with extra tuck for a Glock 17 with RMR? Still kicking around the idea so not sure if irons would be in front or behind the optic (if that matters).

pr1042, Yes, I can make it. I don't form the kydex over the RMR, makes the holster to wide in my opinion. If/when you order , tell me in the comments section who did the slide work and whether the rear suppressor sight is in front or behind the RMR. Thanks for the interest and let me know if you have anymore questions.

I notice that these AIWB holster appear to look similar to my Blade Tech IWB For some reason BT doesn't have a name for it?
    BT isnt going to make them anymore in favor of there Nano that is made of thinner kydex with loops spaced further apart.

Reason I like the older BT IWB holster was because it had a SD or 0 cant and it had a generous receiver guard or sweat guard.
    And I could use Loops or pull dot. like a old shcool IWB.

I hate clips , hooks etc! plus I don't like tucking type holsters . ( think crossbreed) I wear my shirt untuck 99% of the time

Even though I carry at 3:00 I might give the above holster a try. THANKS

BTW

Or is it possible to make a IWB 0 cant full size sweat guard for 3pm carry
    Last edited by Rich; 08-14-2013 at 04:48 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Crews View Post
    First post on this forum. Been carrying in a Summer Special II for years. As a result of this thread I've ordered a JM holster and am looking forward to trying out appendix carry! Thanks for the info guys!
    Just got mine in and been carrying my G19 for a few days. It's way more comfortable than I expected. My initial observation is that I am having some issues with it printing way more than I am used to with a SSII carried at 4oclock with tighter shirts. With a loose fitting button up shirt, it disappears. Maybe it's just my body type.

Rich, that's no problem at all. If/when you order, order an AIWB, and tell me the specifics in the order comments. Thanks

Crews keep me informed as to how it works out for you concealment and comfort wise. Thanks for the business.

Not only do Tom's holsters rule, so does his customer service.

User Tag List