Page 25 of 122 FirstFirst ... 1523242526273575 ... LastLast

Thread: JM Custom Kydex AIWB holster review

Quote Originally Posted by ToddG View Post
    I tried it and it was extremely uncomfortable for me. But fwiw, I find it uncomfortable on the Keeper as well.
    I had a really hard time making up my mind between the Keepers and a JM Custom Kydex for this feature and, to a lesser degree, the extra velcro on the belt loop. I ended up going with the JM Custom Kydex with the thought that I could always cover it in glue and velcro myself if the need arose :-)

Due to the particulars of my physiology AIWB has been the only method of concealed carry I've been able to get comfortable with. I have been carrying in an RCS Vanguard 2 for a while now, mainly because it just worked. Even so, my intention from the start was to replace it with a "proper" holster so I could practice more efficiently using my actual carry gear. Plus, these words kept echoing in my head ;-)

I had less than satisfactory results working my way through the more popular AIWB offerings and my last attempt - the venerable CCC Shaggy - left me even more discouraged as it printed badly for me and the ride height was just way too low. I'd almost resigned myself to just stick with the VG2... but I'm glad I didn't because the JM Custom Kydex AIWB is, in a word, awesome.

I ordered mine with a medium guard, soft loops and the extra tuck option and have found no need for wedges or the extra velcro. Some have said the soft loops printed badly for them... perhaps the loops have changed, as mine lie flat against my belt just like the RCS ones did. The holster rides at the perfect height (which, according to the website is "low") as it allows me to get a good grip without my knuckles scraping against my wilderness belt. Comfort is as good or better than the VG2 while offering more stability and consistent placement. Concealment is excellent - I carry a G20 and can conceal adequately with the right t-shirt now - with normal dress (jeans with a tucked t-shirt and untucked button-up shirt) it conceals better than the VG2 despite the size differences due to the extra tuck option and the grip being tucked in more.

In short, I could not be happier!
    "A man's character is his fate."

s0nspark, thank you for the business, I am glad that my holster is working for you.

Quote Originally Posted by JBP55 View Post
    Tony, I know several shooters that need a AIWB holster that will accept a WML. Do you offer a holster such as this?
    Yes he does. Here's the link to the review of the one he made for me.

http://pistol-forum.com/showthread.p...-amp-IWB-v2%29
    If you can't taste the sarcasm, try licking the screen.

Gettin’ old and blind ain’t for sissies. ~ 41Magfan

Incredible customer service

I have had my JM Custom for about 6 months and love it. Bought a better belt for ever day carry and had some issues with the new belt fitting through the split kydex loop (a textile belt that was a bit larger than 1.5 inches where it was sewn on the ends and a little thicker than usual with the extra nylon webbing sewn on top). Tony custom made me a split loop just a bit larger that works like a charm! Impeccable customer service to say the least!

First post on this forum. Been carrying in a Summer Special II for years. As a result of this thread I've ordered a JM holster and am looking forward to trying out appendix carry! Thanks for the info guys!

Just got mine yesterday and so far I'm very pleased with it - best holster I've used so far and the most comfortable.

One question for those that added their own wedges: what kind of foam are you guys using and where can I acquire some?

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 2

Got to run my Gen4 G19 in my JM Custom AIWB during the Mike Pannone "Covert carry" pistol class I hosted here in IL two weeks ago. I've been wearing mine daily for almost a year now and it was nice to put in as much work from concealment as we did during the class. The class really confirmed AIWB carry for me and specifically my choice of the JM Custom Kydex AIWB holster. Very happy overall to say the least.

Last edited by NickDrak; 07-17-2013 at 08:20 PM.

Nice to see another convert to AIWB, Nick! Hope to see an AAR of the class sooner or later.
    #RESIST

Never has my G36 been happier! Tony your rig rocks!!!

I couldnt get the split kydex loop to work for me, the snap loops are by far more comfortable and concealable for me. Nothing pokes me, or prints as I move, its a perfect setup!

Im looking forward to checking out your OWB holsters next... As well as more AIWB rigs... Woot!

We are diminished
    Tony -- shot you a PM...

User Tag List