Page 63 of 122 FirstFirst ... 1353616263646573113 ... LastLast

Thread: JM Custom Kydex AIWB holster review

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by firefighterguy View Post
    I'm still waiting on mine to arrive. I ordered a full sweat guard but I'm having second thoughts about it. My original thinking was that it would help with comfort but I'm not so sure anymore. Any input on the sweat guard lengths pros and cons?

With my Shield that has the small manual safety, I'm using the technique of putting the safety on, carefully holstering, and then taking the safety back off. You can do that with the partial sweatguard but not the full. I personally find the full guard a tiny bit more comfortable (and have it on my G19 holster) but not enough to really make much difference. I don't have a scenario where I am wearing the pistol directly against my body in a hot and sweaty environment; so I can't comment on that.

I don't personally find any disadvantages to the full other than the safety thing I just mentioned.

I went from a full to a mid and have noticed no difference in terms of comfort.

The biggest downside I can see to a full sweat guard is drawing while sitting or having to move to a position other than standing after drawing. Probably not that big of a deal.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    "Shooting is 90% mental. The rest is in your head." -Nils

I'm still waiting on mine to arrive. I ordered a full sweat guard but I'm having second thoughts about it. My original thinking was that it would help with comfort but I'm not so sure anymore. Any input on the sweat guard lengths pros and cons?

I have the full length. I like it better the my other holsters with half length sweat guards. Get full if you don't like it grind it down.

Site Supporter

I like the full guard as I find it a little easier/more comfortable reholstering a warm gun on the range. It's simple to trim the full one down if you find you'd prefer less.

Random update after a 14 months of use. I originally got my AIWB with the soft snap loops. On a whim, I decided to try the split kydex loops, regular height. They are indeed more concealable. I like the way they tuck and save for the minor inconvenience of having to thread them on the belt, I dig them and they'll likely be my go to on future orders.

Ive got to try a few of the holsters .I personally did not like the full guard as it tended to rub me funny and stab me in the gut if the gun was not in the holster. I don't have any of those problems with my holster with no guard . As always YMMV.

I've read through the whole thread (although quite bleary eyed and tired at some points) and I've seen a lot of people favoring a G17 holster for a G19. What I haven't seen (or don't remember) is if this might be a good idea for the M&P series. I have an M&P 9c and am considering this holster. I don't have the full sized pistol but am not ruling out getting one in the future. Has anyone found that the 9C fits the full sized holster well? Does the longer holster actually keep the it from rolling over the belt a little better? Any advice on wedge or extra tuck? If it helps, I'm 6' 0" and 210 lb with more of that being belly than I care to admit to myself. I'm running a crossbreed supertuck on a crossbreed 1.5" belt with the velcro liner and would probably continue to use the belt if it was possible. My only other experience with aiwb is with a 5.11/bladetech model which was a horror show (for me anyway).

Quote Originally Posted by endpoint View Post
    I've read through the whole thread (although quite bleary eyed and tired at some points) and I've seen a lot of people favoring a G17 holster for a G19. What I haven't seen (or don't remember) is if this might be a good idea for the M&P series. I have an M&P 9c and am considering this holster. I don't have the full sized pistol but am not ruling out getting one in the future. Has anyone found that the 9C fits the full sized holster well? Does the longer holster actually keep the it from rolling over the belt a little better? Any advice on wedge or extra tuck? If it helps, I'm 6' 0" and 210 lb with more of that being belly than I care to admit to myself. I'm running a crossbreed supertuck on a crossbreed 1.5" belt with the velcro liner and would probably continue to use the belt if it was possible. My only other experience with aiwb is with a 5.11/bladetech model which was a horror show (for me anyway).
    I'm also wondering the same exact question. I have an M&P 40c and wondered if I should get the full size...

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by guitarzNgunz View Post
    I'm also wondering the same exact question. I have an M&P 40c and wondered if I should get the full size...
    Yes, you should. It's not a Glock thing, it's a holster length thing.

User Tag List