Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Pistol for a sister for ccw HELP!!

If she shot the G19 best, I'd recommend she gets a used 3rd gen G19, perhaps with a grip reduction. The HK will be OK as well. The key thing, no matter what she gets, is to ensure proper training and adequate follow-up practice.

Quote Originally Posted by DocGKR View Post
    If she shot the G19 best, I'd recommend she gets a used 3rd gen G19, perhaps with a grip reduction. The HK will be OK as well. The key thing, no matter what she gets, is to ensure proper training and adequate follow-up practice.
    Thats what she shot at the rental range. The cases were going everywhere. One landed on top of her head. If she buys a gun and it won't perform it will be MY fault. So at this point in time HK Wins.

Doc makes his usual excellent points. Which is the reason I purchased G19s for my niece and nephew years before they can legally own them.

Quote Originally Posted by BrianB View Post
    Thats what she shot at the rental range. The cases were going everywhere. One landed on top of her head. If she buys a gun and it won't perform it will be MY fault. So at this point in time HK Wins.
    The white sound HRED has done wonders for the ejection pattern with my Gen 4 19 - a little hotter ammo helps too - My carry ammo HST 124gr +p make a nice little pile of brass, cheap stuff or light reloads tend to be more erratic, but much, much better with HRED.

If she really likes the G19, I'd stick with it - most of them run really well, if it doesn't run, deal with it and either send it back to Glock or dump it and get another one -- It sounds like you really like HK - and I don't blame you - but shooting a G19 is kind of a different animal than shooting a DA/SA or LEM

In free-range, non-GMO, organic, fair trade Broad Ripple, IN
    The last cop advised her to get something with a safety because, "Hey have you ever looked in a womans purse? " Then he told her how many women had discharges through their purses. Needless to say she was very concerned.
    The second carry purse I ever bought (and one of the best I've had to this day) didn't have all that velcro and holster stuff you usually see in the gun compartment, just an elasticized loop to retain the muzzle end. The only thing separating the pistol compartment from the main cargo compartment of the purse was layer of fairly supple leather. Call me crazy, but I always felt a lot better about carrying a SIG P-228 in there than I did a G23.
    Books. Bikes. Boomsticks.

I can explain it to you. I can’t understand it for you.

Quote Originally Posted by Tamara View Post
    The second carry purse I ever bought (and one of the best I've had to this day) didn't have all that velcro and holster stuff you usually see in the gun compartment, just an elasticized loop to retain the muzzle end. The only thing separating the pistol compartment from the main cargo compartment of the purse was layer of fairly supple leather. Call me crazy, but I always felt a lot better about carrying a SIG P-228 in there than I did a G23.
    I interpreted the conversation to mean women were using purses with the gun just thrown in the purse along with all the other junk. Not necessarily a pistol specific purse. My sister is following this thread so any input as to purses would be appreciated.

If she buys a gun and it won't perform it will be MY fault. So at this point in time HK Wins.
    Man, that sure cuts me off at the knees. There are guns that are slimmer than the hks, and as easy (kahr k9, walther pps) or easier (springer emp 9) to shoot; and if a little tinkering or the willingness to gunshow a lemon (kahr) was ok, they might be worth thinking about. But if the first double feed is all on you? P30 it is (don't let her see a p7).
    Ignore Alien Orders

Quote Originally Posted by doctorpogo View Post
    Man, that sure cuts me off at the knees. There are guns that are slimmer than the hks, and as easy (kahr k9, walther pps) or easier (springer emp 9) to shoot; and if a little tinkering or the willingness to gunshow a lemon (kahr) was ok, they might be worth thinking about. But if the first double feed is all on you? P30 it is (don't let her see a p7).
    I really want to thank you and everybody else for the help here. It was never my intention to cut anybody off, It is just kind of an evolving fluid situation and believe me the input is coming from her, after she has read many post on this forum and elsewhere. The main thing is she isn't a gun person, she has zero desire to deal with any problems from a firearm, she just wants to take some shooting lessons, take her ccw class and move on with life. we will be shooting the P30 LEM against the Glock 19 this weekend. It will be interesting to see the results. They do have a P7 in the rental case.....

WTB Glock 19

We took our last range trip yesterday. She shot the Glock 19 Gen three against the P30 LEM. Glock 19 wins for ability to shoot well. At 5-7 yards a lot of her shots were touching and on one target she had a ragged quarter sized hole. So What do I look for to identify a pre ejector/extractor problem gun?
    The gen 4's are still problematic right? Anybody got a pre ejector/extractor problem gun for sale?

User Tag List