Thread: HK P2000 40SW for Glock 19 plus cash

Question HK P2000 40SW for Glock 19 plus cash

I have been talking with a gentleman about a trade for his HK P2000 in 40sw because he saw that I had 3 Glock 19s. Two a Gen 3 and Gen 4 that are good to go and a 3rd that I got back when I was still married for the former misses that I loaded with a smooth trigger, Trijicon night sights, extended mag release, extended slide release, and a back plate with the Texas star. I like the HKP2000 bacause I have a HK USPc that I like and a P2000 in 9mm both in LEM that are nice but I was making sure everything was good with my Glock and I picked it up and it just felt natural and it is a G19.

I left my P2000 in 9mm with my dad in Alabama to practice with because that is what he is waiting to buy (don't know why he is waiting he just baught a Porsch and 3D Sony 70+ inch TV) but since i have been carrying my Sig P229 most places I did not think anything about leaving it there I digress.

As you can tell the HK is not that special to me but Glock is what I had been using for years before I left for my last deployment to the sand pit. After my divorce I kinda divorced myself from Glock buying 2 sig P229s, 2 sig P228s, 1 HK USP9, 1 HK USPc 40, and a P2000-9. Maybe I was buying guns I never bought because of the way my ex-wife would tell me to buy a Glock verse what I would want at that time (Sig or HK) due to price all those years but I have 9 Glocks only 3 of them are in 40sw. I finally met someone that shoots well with her G22 and I started drifting back to Glocks aka the G23 gen4 and G19 gen4. I did have to re learn the Glock trigger.

Now I come here just to ask because well I will get real answers and not just get this and not that. Do i have a need no. Do I want it yes in the way that I like HKs the P2000 and USPc in 40 shoot better than the Glock 23 gen 3 rtf2 that messed me up big time due to not having shot a Gen3 Glock in a long while and basically learning that I had bad fundamentals but I have been working with my shooting the gen3 rtf2 since the new better half loves the feel and shootability of the rtf2 compared to her issued G22 and she is helping me with the fundamentals. I just shoot the USPc in 40 better than any glock but that is not hard to do since I am breaking down myself and relearing to shoot pistols.

Thank you for your time. And currently my carry gun is a Sig P229.
    Last edited by ffhounddog; 03-28-2012 at 07:16 AM.

Site Supporter
    I would suggest picking one gun, setting some performance goals, and a game plan for achieving those goals. At that point, you can determine how/if this trade will get your closer to those goals.

If you don't "need" it, and it's just a trade for the sake of something new, then our opinion/advise isn't very important.

What JV said. At least pick one platform, if nothing else, and really, really concentrate on it. While it certainly isn't a bad gun (especially if it's a pre 2005/2006 example), I'm somewhat curious why after all of your detailed discussions about agonizing over Glock vs. Hk you're carrying a...P229, which is heavier (and possibly bulkier) than any of your Glock/HK alternatives.

Instead of adding or trading guns into your inventory, what you might want to consider is taking some training and participating in relevant practice and competitions to develop and increase your skills with what you've got-even if you need to sell a gun or two to finance these activities.

Best, Jon

Thanks I was just thinking and that gets me into trouble. There is a reason why I am dating a former NCO and that is to keep this Officer from doing anything rash. Granted she used her powers of persaution on me this morning.

Now I need to get to VA arms and get these sights installed on my other two glocks.

well?
    I hope you did the deal so I can check out a p2000 whenever we get to the range.

Concur.

Focusing your efforts into a single platform is the most prudent course of action. I wish I'd followed this advice a decade ago.
    Quote Originally Posted by JV View Post
    I would suggest picking one gun, setting some performance goals, and a game plan for achieving those goals. At that point, you can determine how/if this trade will get your closer to those goals.

If you don't "need" it, and it's just a trade for the sake of something new, then our opinion/advise isn't very important.

Quote Originally Posted by cdunn View Post
    well?
    I hope you did the deal so I can check out a p2000 whenever we get to the range.
    Did not do the deal. I have a HK USPc and USP at the house. My P2000 9mm is in AL with my dad. Picked up a nice Walther PPS for summer time carry where I would normally carry. Closer to a Glock than my SW3913.

User Tag List