Page 15 of 61 FirstFirst ... 5131415161725 ... LastLast

Thread: pistol-training.com 2011 Endurance Test Gun

Quote Originally Posted by ToddG View Post
    FWIW, I saw the GT thread and I don't think anyone there is being unreasonable. For someone who has no idea who I am to question whether I held the gun properly is legit. It would be better if he actually read the post on my site and saw that two experienced shooters had problems, but given the nexus of limited info and limited motivation, it's not unexpected.

I'm sure there will be people who sling arrows over this. All I'd ask of the pistol-forum.com community is that we not let our discussion become about their discussions.
    Limp wristing seems to have became the catch all be all diagnosis of anything that ailes any Glock... no matter the shooters experience.

Its to the point now that I just roll my eyes when someone claims a given persons problems are limp wristing...

Quote Originally Posted by commandar View Post
    Well, and, to be fair, there are *lots* of people that have Gen4s that are working well, just like the second shooter of Todd's gun. This mostly confirms that not all of the guns are running as they should.
    I don;t know ToddG but thru his internet presence I trust him and counting his gen 4 Glock this is the third one I have first hand knowledge of malfunctioning in the exact same way.

Quote Originally Posted by Frank B View Post
    This would match LAVīs ( leave the slide locked open for a week)suggestion from another forum.
    I'd be curious to see if the 'lock the slide back' for a week suggestion does anything to cure this pistol's ills. Perhaps there is excessive recoil spring tension in the new design?

Like many, I tend to focus on the new recoil spring assembly as the root of the GEN4 9mm problems, but I wonder if the GEN4 design changed anything extractor related?

The GEN4 saga just seems to reconfirm the old adage about fixing things that aren't broken...

Quote Originally Posted by JSGlock34 View Post
    Like many, I tend to focus on the new recoil spring assembly as the root of the GEN4 9mm problems, but I wonder if the GEN4 design changed anything extractor related?
    Looking at the GlockTalk thread about Todd's test gun, there was mention and a link to the thread about Glock changing the extractor design slightly with late 3rd Gen and 4th Gen guns.

Can someone remind me what is considered a stoppage and what's a malfunction in regards to the testing?

Quote Originally Posted by AfterWork_Ninja View Post
    Can someone remind me what is considered a stoppage and what's a malfunction in regards to the testing?
    A little creative Google work reveals:

Quote Originally Posted by ToddG
    Stoppage: Any failure of the pistol to go through its entire cycle of operation. This could include a failure to feed, fire, extract, or eject. A problem qualifies as a Stoppage if and only if the shooter is capable of fixing the problem without the use of any tools, without disassembling the gun in any way (magazine can be removed), and the pistol is in firing condition in less than 30 seconds. For example, a stovepipe or failure of the slide to go fully into battery would be Stoppages.

Malfunction: Any failure of the pistol to go through its entire cycle of operation and which requires the use of tools, disassembly of any part of the pistol, and/or takes more than 30 seconds to resolve, but does not require any parts replacement. For example, a dislodged spring or a front sight that falls off the gun would be Malfunctions.

Breakage: Any failure of the pistol to go through its entire cycle of operation and which requires parts replacement to resolve. For example, a broken spring or chipped extractor would be Breakages.
    http://pistol-training.com/archives/1604#comment-2169

Chuck — awesome call on the extractor. Made a small change to the gun and it ran 100% (300rd) today. Details to follow…

By ToddG on Mar 19, 2011

Okay Todd, what'd ya do??????????? Looks like hope on the Gen 4??

with all the hubub I ran almost 300 rounds though my Gen 4, 17 WHO and it ran like a champ..
    Founder Of Keepers Concealment and Lead trainer. Affiliate of CCW Safe, Use discount code ( KC10off )Sign up here https://ccwsafe.com/ref/B65241653

Murder Machine, Harmless Fuzzball TCinVA's Avatar
    I talked with Todd today and apparently he changed the extractor on the Gen4 G17 with an extractor from a gen3 based sims Glock and the gun worked for him. I stopped by the range for a little bit and I didn't see it puke.

Quote Originally Posted by TCinVA View Post
    I talked with Todd today and apparently he changed the extractor on the Gen4 G17 with an extractor from a gen3 based sims Glock and the gun worked for him. I stopped by the range for a little bit and I didn't see it puke.
    This is really interesting given there was some discussion about swapping in older 3rd gen extractors into problematic guns when I looked at GlockTalk.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by ToddG View Post
    FWIW, I saw the GT thread and I don't think anyone there is being unreasonable. For someone who has no idea who I am to question whether I held the gun properly is legit. It would be better if he actually read the post on my site and saw that two experienced shooters had problems, but given the nexus of limited info and limited motivation, it's not unexpected.

I'm sure there will be people who sling arrows over this. All I'd ask of the pistol-forum.com community is that we not let our discussion become about their discussions.
    I sincerely respect that.

Todd's a classy guy.

User Tag List